what turbo ....

TqMonstr

You guys seem to run some small turbos :p

I dont mean that in a bad way at all !

It is amazing the times some of your cars are putting down at the strip and some great numbers coming back from dynos:biggrin:

All from running small frame turbos - that fit the application. It appears you guys are getting great power out of many of these smaller / medium sized turbos. turbos like the pt 54 pt61 gt35 etc

these cars must haul on the road when on boost . I would think the boost is almost instant , and must have lots of acceleration.

Anyway , I was wondering what turbo would be a better fit for more street driving friendly torque. I know it will be different for each and every car , but in theory:

Is it better to run a turbo with higher psi for more usable low end torque(a gt30r at 25 to 30 psi ):cool: , or

would it be better to try a turbo with more air flow at lower pressures (gt 40, pt67 at 15-20 psi) ?:cool:

Yes I know this sounds like " is it better to run turbo in its specified efficiency range"
But how does this really work out on the street ??:confused: any opinions?

Smaller turbo with higher boost is gunna give you more fun on the street, at least in my experience.

yeah , the 6262 or 65 ....its does sound like an excellent turbo .

The whole idea of a bb billet wheel turbo is just incredible ! ! ! I mean even faster spool and more power ?

So how does the 6265 dbb compare to other turbos.....

6265 vs. hta gt3586r
vs. BW 366 or similar
vs 6776rsp .68a/r

How about billet journal vs a standard Dbb turbo ?

I realize they will be very similar , but how much better could those new wheels be ?:cool:
Any thoughts ?