What tranny cooler is everyone using?

C

Chuck

Guys,

My tranny is finally getting rebuilt and need to install a good tranny cooler. What is everyone using?

Thanks

me too.

i'm running a stacked plate b&m as well.long makes them for b&m,i'd guess that one of the trans guys can get them straight from them so we don't have to pay b&m for their pretty box:).

oh,and i'm using the "racing" model that has pipe thread fittings,no hose clamps for me,thank you very much:D.

We use sell, and stock the Stackplate design, self regulating with a bypass, made by Long of Canada. To be honest they are all made there and reboxed by size to participating vendors ( B&M, Tci, Borg warner, )
In this case bigger will always be better. ALWAYS have in airflow and not under car and not with a fan under car.

Bruce
We4
www.ptsnctb.com

Guys, thanks for the feedback!

Bruce,

I just had Cal H. order me a 9/11 from you yesterday. I guess I should go ahead and order a tranny cooler from you too. What's the going price for the big one? If you don't want to post on the board my email is chuck@imagine-it.com

Two more question guys. Where do you put the tranny cooler if you have a front and should I run the tranny cooler as a stand alone unit or in conjunction with the radiator? I went ahead and bought one of Bruces coolers.

NO Earls makes their own but they are a little different. They, actually, are the best style to use but at over 200-250 dollar pricetag.... hell I cant even get some of these guys to run one or buy one at half that price.

But there are very good......:)

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

hey bruce,

after chatting with you the other night. i decided to change out my cooler to a stack plate. i happen to pick up a B&M locally for a good price. still saving on that tranny, maybe a good christmas present for me. thanks for all your help so far.

I wouldnt say that is ideal location right in front of the intercooler. If thats what is done, You can get a more effecient cooler which will rob less cool air. Check out this site, half the size for the same effeciency. www.setrab.com Why spend money on an intercooler, then charge it with 180 degree air