What to run for Alkly?

ikle

To those of you running Razor's alky kit,what are you running for alky?I read some are running straight Methanol,Methanol/Water mix,Window Washer fluid,Denatured Alchohol,ect.What is the best alky to run for our motor's?Thanks,ikle.

I run straight Methol hydrate.....which is sold at most hardware stores here in Canada. I don't think thats the case for our friends in the US.

I run straight methanol. Comes from a high performance shop in Huntington Beach, Kali. Purchased in 5 gal cans, SPOOLFOOL2 of this forum split it and it lasts us together about 6 months to a year. I put about 3500 miles a year on my car, and SPOOLFOOL2 probably averages a little less.

Methanol. I ordered 3 of the 5 gallon cans, whops. You don't need that much! It lasts.

You can also use denatured alcohol. Most cars will not notice any difference between denatured alky and straight methanol. Denatured can be easier to get for some people (Home Depot, Ace, Lowes).

Eric

Most of the GN world runs Methanol, M1 is pretty popular.

If you're going to run washer fluid (not a horrible choice) you need to stay away from the ones that have Glycol (antifreeze) in them.

Don't run gas or E85 through your Alky Pump.

You also need to make sure you dont run anything with a petroleum based lubricant in it. Some of the methanol blends have a top end lubricant in them.

I recently had a razor kit installed and the shop filled the reservoir with boost juice. The boost juice is running low, can I add denatured alchohol to the boost juice that's remaining? Also, straight up denatured alchohol or mix it with water for better knock control?

Ditto. Do a little bit of work and look for some Meth. You'll be happy you did.

ks

M1 is VP's brand name for methanol. Find a speed shop in your area and buy it from them or ask them to order it for you.

M1 is about $35 for a 5 gallon can. It does evaporate quickly and gets contaminated easily so use a dedicated can/jug for storage and funnel for filling the tank.

M1 is about $35 for a 5 gallon can. It does evaporate quickly and gets contaminated easily so use a dedicated can/jug for storage and funnel for filling the tank.
If bought and kept sealed in VP's metal can, you won't have any problems. I've been using the same stuff from a purchase 2 years ago.

Once you open the can it doesn't reseal well at all and the built in funnel will tear after repeat use. I have a regular 5 gal plastic fuel jug I store mine in.