what to expect

cruesix

topless tta
hey guys

curious what u guys think i could expect to run at the track.

i ran a 14.05 stock with atr dp and crossover but only made 2 runs with no adjustment before front seal went out on trans..that was 3 years ago ..i feel i could have done a little better ..

so now,im going back.. new to car are 60# injectors with chip from turbo tweek,te44 turbo,hotwire kit from racetronix

im not expecting the moon,just curious what you guys think

keep in mind this is in a 89 gta convertible as well :smile:

Same boost and same tires=same et

Injectors dont make the car faster. Boost and tires do.

can i increase my boost ? if so how do i do that? thanks

You need to shorten your wastegate rod to increase its tension. This means you need a wastegate thats adjustable.. some are, some are not. Easy way to tell it has an adjuster nut on it. NOW..Before you increase boost you need to use a scantool and make sure there is no KNOCK. If you get knock, this means you need more octane and/or more fuel. Or have other issues that need to be addressed.

Knock is what blows headgaskets, burns pistons, smashes bearings, etc..

You need to shorten your wastegate rod to increase its tension. This means you need a wastegate thats adjustable.. some are, some are not. Easy way to tell it has an adjuster nut on it. NOW..Before you increase boost you need to use a scantool and make sure there is no KNOCK. If you get knock, this means you need more octane and/or more fuel. Or have other issues that need to be addressed.

Knock is what blows headgaskets, burns pistons, smashes bearings, etc..

thanks Razor,
i do have an ajustable waste gate.

felpro head gaskets groved in or whatever its called :biggrin:

ive been running a mix of 93 and 106

what would you say is a safe boost level? ill be happy anywhere in the 13's for now

also where would you recomend i get a scanmaster like the one you and the others use?

First mod on these cars=scanmaster

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - All Brands

This tells you how much you can squeeze it.

If you guess on knock=blown headgasket. Dont care who made it, what brand, type, etc.

Worse is the gasket doesnt blow and your piston desintegrates :eek:

thanks Razor

hoping to get your alkykit over the winter...baby steps for me..ill order the scanmaster before pushing anything..

thanks again

thanks Razor

hoping to get your alkykit over the winter...baby steps for me..ill order the scanmaster before pushing anything..

thanks again

Yes on the scantool... take your time.. I dont think anyone is in a hurry to spend money fixing something preventable.