What size injectors to get into 11's?

ANDYS87

This spring I am going to install a Razor alchy kit w/ turbo tweak chip to try to get the most out of my stock turbo and intercooler. What size injectors do you guys recommend for this? I would also like a little room for future upgrades to get into the mid to upper 11's. Are the 60lbs overkill? I'd like ones that have good street manners, since my car is a driver(not a track car). Thanks

I don't have a problem using 60s .. Have them in my Olds wagon/Buick.. Stock motor .. runs like a champ. :cool:

MSD 50s

If you run a set of 60s then you must us an unpgraded fuel pump with hotwire kit or you'll be washing down your cylinder walls. I would go with MSD 50s they have a much better spray pattern then those 60s.

If you're planning to run 11's, I'd sure hope you already have an upgraded fuel pump & hotwire kit. With the 60's my GN idles much better than it did with the 50's.

If you run a set of 60s then you must us an unpgraded fuel pump with hotwire kit or you'll be washing down your cylinder walls. I would go with MSD 50s they have a much better spray pattern then those 60s.

The chip controls pulse width to the injector. The only way you can wash the walls down if you have a problem with the chip/maf/vacuum leak/wrong fuel pressure/etc.. notice how I didnt say the injector is at fault.

You can run 80 lb injectors on a bone stock GN with zero issues "IF" the chip is calibrated correctly.

60's are fine.. so are 50's.. so are 42's.. so are 36's.. actually even the stock injectors can be used for high 11's with an alcohol kit.. the only problem with stock injectors is that they are 25 years old. Not their size.

Neat thing about 60's is they have a higher re-sale value.. and you'll never probably have to go larger.

If the car runs fine, plugs look good, fuel rail holds pressure after you shut the car off... I'd use the stockers to start off with.. once the car gets into the 12's.. then look at upgrading them. Just to be "safe"

One step at a time. Too many mods at once on a Buick.. you'll pigeon hole yourself.

The chip controls pulse width to the injector. The only way you can wash the walls down if you have a problem with the chip/maf/vacuum leak/wrong fuel pressure/etc.. notice how I didnt say the injector is at fault.

X2 .. :cool: Like I said my engine in the wagon is a stocker.. Idles nice an purrs like a kitten:p

Contact Turbo Tweak and buy his 60# injector/chip combo.
This will also leave you room to grow

Over the years i have upgraded every few years with a proper TT chip & I never noticed a difference from stock-36-50-60 with a proper chip. The 60's will resale better but why would you unless your going Really Big & Really Fast $$$$$$$$$$$ :)

How would they wash down the cylinders?

Ya,this doesnt remotely make sense.

Back when my car still had it's stock block and heads - valve covers never removed - it ran consistent 11.80's with a small TE34 turbo and 36 lb blue top injectors. You really don't need to do a ton of things to go 11's with these cars IMO.

Paul

Back when my car still had it's stock block and heads - valve covers never removed - it ran consistent 11.80's with a small TE34 turbo and 36 lb blue top injectors. You really don't need to do a ton of things to go 11's with these cars IMO.

Paul

we ran mid 11s for years with the old blue tops.. awesome injector at the time.. now with the new chip technology 60s can be used with a stocker or a 9 sec car with a TT chip :p

As time goes by the "standard" upgraded injector continues to increase in size. I can remember back in the early days with minor mods the typical injector upgrade was in the 30# range. Then it moved up to 40+ pounders and today it seems the generally acccepted injector is at 60#'s. I don't know if there is any downside to moderately large injectors so long as the chip is programmed accordingly. I believe Melissa is running 60 pounders with Julio's alky. Runs great on the street and hits the 9's at the track. A friends 23K T Type has the stock motor, stock turbo, stock intercooler and stock 28#injectors. With Julio's Alky Control and some fine tuning it ran 11.80 at 114 at the 2010 GS Nationals. Goes to show how well the stock injectors work with Julio's Alky Control as a fuel supplement. Does it need larger injectors? Don't think so, not as a stocker. Back in the day my GN with stock motor, weight reduction (glass bumpers and hood, etc), stock injectors, liquid intercooler and TE 34 turbo car ran 11.17 at 122 mph. Could I have used larger injectors? Maybe. Once the heads were ported I moved up to 40 pounders (red stripe). Car ran 10.7 at 124 (1994). So, how large an injector do we need with Alky Contro? Don't know!