what should i do

paint it black

hows every one to night
im getting ready to put some larger injectors, fuel pump, hot wire, and scan tool on my 87 gn with 71,000 on it. i already have a tt chip becuase i came from florida and they use 93 oct., so i switched to a 91 oct. chip.
so my question is what should i have my chip specs programed to so i have room to grow, and what should my next mod. be. also is an injector harness recominded

Not sure what you mean about programming the chip so you can "grow" into it. That's not a good idea. You need the chip programmed for the parts and tune that you are using right now. You can't really "grow" into a chip. A chip has to be updated/changed when you switch to new parts.

Injector harness isn't needed if yours is in decent condition.

Next mod depends on your goal for the car. Methanol Injection is a good idea.

Turbo6 has it exactly right. Further, you want to plans your mods, then buy the parts- not the other way around.

Stick with TT chips- can't go wrong.

i was thinking of methanol but was not sure if that was the right thint. i really didnt know if you could just program a chip from tt with future goals in mind. i would like to be ablr to get in to the 10s, but i dont know if that is possible for me being a street car for now.

OK, take a deep breath, and slow down for a second. Before you do ANYTHING, you want to understand your car, and what it's doing NOW. Lots of experience on the board that will help you from becoming a member of the DOTC club.

You just can't bolt on parts and expect the car to respond. You want to know how each mod will affect the performance of the car. You also want to make sure that the car is running well before you start to mod it.

Into the 10s- aside from the engine/trans, you'll want to cage your car, relocate the battery, add a remote kill switch, install a driveshaft loop, etc - any track you go to will require it.

i think i have the basic under standing of what the parts do but im confused on what to start with and what the parameters should be when i tune it, and what parts to chose because i have seen defrent things on the site.

Which injectors are you considering? Is your new TT chip matched to them?
Bear in mind: 91 octane is a serious limitation for making maximum boost and horsepower without engine knock. Blown headgaskets, ruined bearings and joining the DOTC club are not best ways to have fun with your TR.
Are you planning on alky injection or race gas or both to achieve your 10 second goals?
Your scantool will be your new best friend. Install it, learn from it, trust it.

Keep us posted on your progress.

-Jimmy

You need to list your mods in your sig so people can help you a little better.

Are you saying this is a stock car other than these mods you listed ?

If so, how do you know what is going on with the engine...scanmaster/PL/DS?? You can't tune if you don't know where you are to begin with. Just knowing the parameters of a chip doesn't help. You have to be able to at least monitor engine functions. Logging is ideal. Do you have a good boost gauge? If not a scantool and boost gauge would be next on my list, along with doing the spring cleaning described here The Grand National / T-Type / Turbo Regal Buick Spring Cleaning Guide A 3" downpipe and a exhaust come next on my list.
How are you controlling boost?

Lotsa guys around that are pretty quick on a stock turbo and Razors Alky.

You say you want to run 10s...have you been in the 11's or 12's yet?

my car is basicaly stock except for thes mods.
i have a flow master supper 40 dumping after my cat test pipe,knock and boost guage, and the big mouth cold air system.
im planing on going with 60 lb injectors, hot wire kit, fuel pump, alky kit, and scan master. im not fermiliar with any scan tool because i have not used one yet. im boosting stock psi right know. the car has not yet been to the track, but i plan to this spring. i know this combo will not get me into the 10s.