What PTC converter do I have?

rssooner

About 7-8 years ago I had a PTC converter installed. Now I am trying to figure out what I have since I forgot so long ago. When I looked under the car, I couldn't see any numbers. All I do know is that it is black. I know that doesn't help much but how can I figure this out?

Thanks,

RS

About 7-8 years ago I had a PTC converter installed. Now I am trying to figure out what I have since I forgot so long ago. When I looked under the car, I couldn't see any numbers. All I do know is that it is black. I know that doesn't help much but how can I figure this out?

Thanks,

RS

Also, I am pretty sure it was a 3000 or 3200 stall but not 100% positive.

If it cost less than $850 it was likely a 10" converter.

There should be numbers stamped into the converter. Your paperwork should also have some info

Bryan

contact Dusty Bradford, I know he keeps a lot of records, and may have the details on that one.

Bob

Thanks,

RS

You may be able to use a flashlight and mirror to see the part number. It will be on the side of the converter facing the trans pump. It would read PTC10-700-27 followed by other numbers and letters. If its a lock up it should be a 10".

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You may be able to use a flashlight and mirror to see the part number. It will be on the side of the converter facing the trans pump. It would read PTC10-700-27 followed by other numbers and letters. If its a lock up it should be a 10".

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Dusty,

Would you have invoice records dating back to 2005? Here is the invoice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 119
It's a tight 9". The invoice says it's a lock-up but it should say NLU. We never made a 9" lock-up. This was the NLU tech before we had the 9.5 that we now offer. I haven't sold one of these for a long time. The only one I can think of still using this is a higher reving Stage 2 car that run's 9's. The 9.5 couples much better at lower rpm's.