what plug wires should i get

My Opinion

MSD Superconductors, it'll be 3rd season now and they are fine. Get them where ever they are sold. Around $100 canadian.

:cool:

10mm Magnacores. They look like battery cable :eek: A little expensive ($80) but I have had them for 4 years without any problems. I have probably had them off and on plugs and coil packs 50+ times. The boots still "snap" onto the plugs and the coil. Very happy with them.

Before the Magnecores I had 8mm MSD wires and ripped two boots off the wires. Threw them in the garbage and have had Magnecores since.

I'm a Magnecor fan myself. Never seen the guts come outta one like some claim. Had a set for 6 yrs on a friends car and they are still goin strong.

Reply to "mikeneedacar"...

Hi!...
I currently use "Taylor Spiro-Pro 409" 10.4mm wires and they're great!
They fit perfectly, and cost around $75. from Summit...I even have a few pictures of them if you want to see how they look like.
That's it!
'bye! Claude :)

i had magnecores, they started arcing thru to my intake plenum, switched to moroso blue max, no problem so far but its only been a month;)

Get the Taylor Vertex 409 Race Ready wires. Make sure you get the HEI version with the 180 degree boots. Part # 79X24. $80 bucks thru summitracing.com.

The X in the part number is interchangeable with the color you want. 6 is blue. IE 79624.

Bosch wire set from autozone $29.99

Originally posted by dwithers
Get the Taylor Vertex 409 Race Ready wires. Make sure you get the HEI version with the 180 degree boots. Part # 79X24. $80 bucks thru summitracing.com.

The X in the part number is interchangeable with the color you want. 6 is blue. IE 79624.
:eek:

The Bosch LIFETIME waranty wireset from autozone will do anything those 80 dollar Glitter hype sets will.

They have it all for less, mag winding, silcon outer layer , oem boots with oem look.

Regards

Re: Bosch wire set from autozone $29.99

Originally posted by BLACKHAWK38
:eek:

The Bosch LIFETIME waranty wireset from autozone will do anything those 80 dollar Glitter hype sets will.

They have it all for less, mag winding, silcon outer layer , oem boots with oem look.

Regards

I usually buy the GM ones.. I might get them @ Autozone from now on..

TWO SETS OF MAGNECORES.......CAR RUMBLES, BUMBLES, STUMBLES. SENT 'EM BACK! YOU COULDN'T GIVE ME A SET OF MAGNACORES. :mad:

I suggest you go with the cheaper wires. Replace them when they get dirty, if you want, without going to the poorhouse. Guys like Reds. I just use Accel 8mm (come in different colors) and never had a problem. ;)

RED's.
Reds fit - no excess as I've found on other sets.
Wish I could still use Reds, but they won't fit the type II ignition system - my coilpack went out again & I had atype II on hand (my ignition module was also bad).
I went with NAPA to get running right away.

ive tried em all and will never use any other than MSD, they are the best quality lowest resistence ive used
Otto
Summit or Jegs i believe like 59.99

I'll add another to the list.Black Beauties from ATR.I've been using them for years with great success.For $50 a set you can't go wrong.