Replacement starter motor

dbelectrical is out of this starter but shows the one you used from the forklift in inventory.

Chevy Buick Pontiac Jeep Mini Starter Long-Short Mt - SDR0059​

I posted a link to both and was only trying to give you the ability to see they are the same when comparing photos of them. The SDR0059 Buick V6 starter has been listed as out of stock for a long time. But they ARE the same. Odd that when listed as a forklift starter they are $85.00 and when listed as a Chevy/Buick starter they are $90.00. Then if listed as a Grand National starter they are $125.00. Go figure.

I posted a link to both and was only trying to give you the ability to see they are the same when comparing photos of them. The SDR0059 Buick V6 starter has been listed as out of stock for a long time. But they ARE the same. Odd that when listed as a forklift starter they are $85.00 and when listed as a Chevy/Buick starter they are $90.00. Then if listed as a Grand National starter they are $125.00. Go figure.
Marketing 101. :)

You were told Earl’s works & it reliable. Yet you keep jumping around to different options.

Not to mention I answered you about it being lighter & Tim said where you can get shims if needed.

Decision could’ve been made numerous posts ago. 🤷🏻‍♂️.

You were told Earl’s works & it reliable. Yet you keep jumping around to different options.

Not to mention I answered you about it being lighter & Tim said where you can get shims if needed.

It's his car, he gets to do as he pleases.

But, well, yeah, you do have a point there....LOL

Last edited:
Funny story about Harleys.
I was in line at HOME DEPOT a while back, and the cashier said that about my Harley shirt," Why would anyone have a Harley if every time you went in there, it cost you a hunnered dollars?
My bill there totalled $121 bucks and change!
I mentioned :"Same thing at HOME DEPOT!"
SAME INITIALS.....
I just got a dumb stare in return....
TIMINATOR

'87 Turbo T has spoken. He told you how much to spend and who to buy it from. And he's answered your questions and you still didn't buy buy it where he told you to. Give me a break. People generally post information with good intentions and it's up to the OP to decide what is best for him, not you. But I agree it's just a starter and a smaller, lighter one isn't going to make you faster, so I wouldn't overthink it.

100 lbs less weight typically gains a tenth.
A tenth is about a car length.
Lightweight starter, mebbie a few feet.
A drag race is like a Dodge City shootout.
No second place winner.
Your starter fails, you don't make it to the line. Automatic forfeit.
Some of the guys on here know about my best second place win ever! 1986, 32 car field. A good driver, a fearful reputation, a cool nickname. Lost high gear in the Power glide in round one. Let everyone beat themselves. Second place money. I don't remember the purse amount, but 37 years of the story, priceless!
Racing is equal parts of:
Attitude
Skill
Perseverance
Bullshit
Or ya can waste 29 posts and all of our time. Just sayin'
TIMINATOR

Yep. That same starter is sold for the Buick V6 under a different part number. If you look at pictures most of the starters Buick venders are selling, they look the same.
I've had one of theirs for years. Works just fine.

'87 Turbo T has spoken. He told you how much to spend and who to buy it from. And he's answered your questions and you still didn't buy buy it where he told you to. Give me a break. People generally post information with good intentions and it's up to the OP to decide what is best for him, not you. But I agree it's just a starter and a smaller, lighter one isn't going to make you faster, so I wouldn't overthink it.
Aww 😊!! Wish it actually was that way.

Earl has a good reputation with quality parts. Not saying he has to, but why wouldn’t someone buy from someone who has a solid rep & solid parts?

Then we went to Powermaster , forklift starters, Earl etc. Paul can get whatever he chooses, it is after all his car. That being said, it’s just a starter. Trow one on & be done with it………hell we haven’t even touched on the corvette mini -starter yet ..😂😂😂😂

ROTFLMAO!!!
When the jap ricers ask why I ride a Harley, I tell them I rode ricers and euros for years!
Then I got a real job and bought a Harley!
The last orange one ran 9s, and the current white/black street bike has hit high 10s with a perfect run on 91 pump gas. You saw it, and heard it when I left the show.
With enough cash and time you can make anything run! Even 14 sec. Buicks!
TIMINATOR
If stock was OK, we wouldn't HAVE this board!

Last edited:
I know but thats just me. I just placed my order from earl brown for his starter. I hope it is made in the GOOD OLE USA. Thanks

Just ordered an earl starter. Is a shim kit like this acceptable?
Dorman 02336 Starter Alignment Shim, (1) 1/64, (2) 1/32 and (2) 1/16 In. Amazon.com

Earls starter works well, sounds cool, and is definitely lighter by a long shot. Get it and be happy.