what oil pan gasket

I'll never run a gasket as long as Permatex makes The Right Stuff.

The trick with getting the pan in and out with the engine in the car is to make sure #4 and #6 are down low in the bores. That way the crank weights are swung up into the block. That way all you have to do is steer around the pickup.

I'll never run a gasket as long as Permatex makes The Right Stuff.

The trick with getting the pan in and out with the engine in the car is to make sure #4 and #6 are down low in the bores. That way the crank weights are swung up into the block. That way all you have to do is steer around the pickup.

I'll add that HRPartsnStuff Poly Motor mounts help too! Probably lifts the entire engine block up an additional 1/2"-3/4" from srtock. Changed the rear main seal last season & also installed an RJC deep oil pan, with the engine in the car......was no big deal, oil pan came out & went in real easy. I used Jason's cork oil pan gasket made specifically for his pan & Permatex "Ultra Black" on both sides of the cork gasket. No leaks here.

If I ever go with the poly mounts I will have to cut a hole in my hood for up-pipe clearance....:D

I have been using RJC Racing cork gasket only, with no leaks. If you have a girdle right stuff on back studs by flywheel and has been working for me flawlessly