What makes one car rarer than another.

Oddballs rule. Rare is one thing,but oddball rare gets me up in the morning. I bought a "rare" undesireable 85 T, with wierdo options. The car was special ordered new by an elderly couple. This is off the top of my head. Lt blue metallic over dark blue interior. Built nov 3 1984, Bench and column,Am only radio with rear speaker delete, ac and cruise with no tilt wheel, pwr windows, not locks, all blackout trim and extra turbo badging, with trim delete, aluminum bumpers, and aluminum turbine wheels and ALL the powertrain goodies. Top it off with dealer added dk. Blue half vinyl roof. I found the build sheet under the back and front seats. I havent a clue how many could possibly have this combo, probably zero. Its a great example of a rare oddball. Defenately not a mainstream car. With only one owner and 28k on the clock, its exactly what i wanted. Just try and find another... I dont think she exists

The 82 GN is rare but the 2 others you might try and find are the 81/82 pace car and one of the Skoal Bandits. The Bandit car wasn't a GM produced car but was done by Skoal for their sales reps. Looks almost like the race car that Harry Gant raced in Nascar.:)

http://beforeblack.net/skoal.htm

''Oddballs rule''
Mmmm not really. Yes, ''oddball' cars are rare but not necessarily more valuable if few people are interested in them. Oddball cars might turn you on (which is ok, by the way!), but it's not everyone who wants one. I think that it's not rarity which gives value, but demand.

Claude. :cool:

I never stated, nor implied they were more valuable, simply they rule. Its quite obvious to even a fairly novice auto enthusiast that rarity doesnt equal more value.

Running boards? Happen to have a picture of it in all it's glory? I gotta see what that would look like :D

I have an old pic-you know the paper kind but don't have a scanner. They were black and aluminum(not chrome checkerboard ha ha) and kinda tucked in-not useable like you need to step on one to get in anyway- aaand yea totally 80's red neck.