what kind of power

USMC_Turbo6

I want to know what kind of power I should make with my new combo. 109 stroker, JE piston 10 over, gridle, 215/220 roller, champion iron race head, with more work done to them, champion port matched intake, 83 lbs inj, T70bb, and all the over stuff in my Sig. Just looking for a base line to work with. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank u GOD!!!!!!!!!

700+. converter selection is important

Wow!!!!!!!!! I was just hoping for 600+ never in my wildest dreams did I think it would do something like that. Bison I will be calling PTC when it get to that point. I'm going to FAST come Xmas what more do I need to help everything work and run It's best

No, willing to learn how to. But if I have to take it to Cal I will. I have been told it may be better if I stay with the wide band O2 and the power logger I have.

Wow, you have a T70 and only wanted 600+. I would have thought you were looking for 750+. IMHO, the 6265 or the 6466 would net better street manners and still cover your 600+goal with room to grow. Our combo's are similiar and I know mine will support 650+.

If it were me I would have run much less intake duration and a lot less turbo. A 6262 would cover 600hp easily. It would be a lot more fun to drive. That cam needs a fairly loose converter that will flash into the mid 5000's to get the most out of it.

I'm glad it will be making that kind of power. The more the better to me. I was just think small I guess, I have been told that when I comes to my tranny I will need a kb valve body so that I can run a better lower stall. I will have to upgrade the rear end big time. So what do u guys think I should do with that?

You have a 600 hp motor "" Easy "",850hp if your brave with the boost....(26psi plus)
Now you get to make the trans. an rearend live up to your new numbers...8^)

Enjoy!

HelloBozos said:
You have a 600 hp motor "" Easy "",850hp if your brave with the boost....(26psi plus)
Now you get to make the trans. an rearend live up to your new numbers...8^)

Enjoy!

Wow that's great to know. I now need help with what to do with the rear end.

87WE4BOOSTED said:
Wow, the 6265 or the 6466 would net better street manners and still cover your 600+goal with room to grow. Our combo's are similiar and I know mine will support 650+.

Right now a new turbo is not in the plan, so I have to make do with what I have which is a T70 and TE45a. I want the 700+ hp, that makes the last few years of getting parts and asking questions all the more worth it. So which turbo should I go with?

IMHO, I would us the TE45a. Smaller but more street friendly and can still cover your goal. Coupled with the PTC converter, you'll love it.:D As far as the rear end, I upgraded to the moser axles, eaton carrier & girdle. Some will say do c-clip eliminators some will say they are not needed. However, I think they become mandatory at a certain speed.

I was thinking with that Te45a I wouldn't have enough turbo. I think is rated at 725 right? I have 3200 in my car now and that te45a is like a pig just slow to make boost now the t70 was better with the 3200 all day?

Try both and see which you like better. No big deal to change the turbo, especially if the bolts have been loosened already. Bet the TE45 is better.

Both turbos use T series wheels and the same turbine. They spool about the same. The T66 compressor is good to about 75lbs/min and the T70 is good to over 85lbs/min. Both will easily cover your goals.