What kind of oil filter do you run?

I've been thinking about switching to a Baldwin filter, any idea what part number it might be for a stock setup?

Use a Turbo saver, and then a tall Chevy truck filter.

WIX is fine.
Fram's really cutting corners.

Cut the two apart and the difference is apparent.

The filter media's ability to absorb and retain acid is critical in my book, and the WIX's seem to do that. ie min acid piting of the bearings, from what I've seen. But most folks run way too mcuh timing in light load conditons, so it's all kinda moot, in that reguard. Since the oil temps get driven so high.

A large filter, reasonable timing, regular changes, and not too high of temps., are the bigger issues, IMO.

AC Delco. I have a friend who was running a Fram and the filter collapsed and puked oil all over. Luckily it happend on the pit road as he was coming back from tech and not at the big end of the track. :eek:

FWIW & IMHO:
From all of the threads that I have seen on this very subject, if some type of survey/poll could be measured on/by customer satisfaction, I am willing to bet that Baldwin would be 1st, Mobil 1 2nd, K & N 3rd, Amsoil 4th, and AC-Delco 5th, with most other filters coming in behind them somewhere. I run AC-Delco PF 52 and change the filter and Mobil 1 every 3 K miles, religiously.
I am sure that Baldwin and Mobil1 are better than the AC-Delco PF 52, but I think that dollar for dollar the PF 52 is hard to beat.
However, I must admit if I had some of you guy's money, or the money that some of you guys have in your motors, I would be running Baldwin/Mobil 1/K&N. I am on my 5th Turbo Regal, and I have run Mobil 1 oil & AC-Delco PF-52 in all of them, and have never had any problems that I can trace to oil/oil filter. Never lost a turbo either.

Wix/napa filters on a turbo saver.
No Baldwin available around here and how much better it would be is questionable.
There is a fine line between filter media (how fine) and flow.
I'll stick with the Wix?napa filters (same thing)