what kind of et's and mph are you guys running with a pte54?

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
after looking at www.precisionte.com , and seeing what mike prices car has been running- 10.92 at 122 with a STOCK longblock-

is there anyone here running faster times with heads,cam,and intake work??
im just trying to see what my old beast will turn in the near future-

I tried to tell him not to put that turbo on his Diesel Regal! :rolleyes:

My guess it will run 17's with the right amount of stabilizer in the tank. :D

how about a little more info there buddy? :)

what boost level?
whos chip? ive got a reds 107
what 60's were you getting? mine are 1.59
what convertor? i have a 9-11 convertor
single or dual fuel pumps?
please take your time and fill me in on your combo
thanks bryan
wanner@kc.rr.com

I wuld like to know your settup also?I am running a pt 54 from a te44 and love it.Seems to be pretty strong I haven't had my boost up and wnet to the track yet.I normally run around 20#o boost on the street and it pulls real hard.Still have the stock converter.

Boost: Not sure my gauge only goes to 30 PSI:eek:
Chip: Max Effort
60FT: 1.51
Convertor: Precision 3200 non-lockup
Fuel Pump: single 307 with bypass modified

The 54 likes lots of boost, it doesn't really start to work on my car till 25lbs. I think the stock heads and cam are killing my MPH, I've taken care of that for this year...

thanks for the tips--- you do know that they do sell 0-35 psi boost gauges :)

thanks for the tips-- maybe ill just take off the pte54 and put on a te45a and lower the boost some-
thank you
bryan wanner

IMO, both turbos would require a lot of boost if using stock heads. I doubt the TE-45a would benefit you any major difference vs. the TE-54 if running a stock longblock. I'm sure there is a difference but I don't know how much. Your stock heads are basically the bottleneck. Ported heads and a cam would be a different story. The TE-54 is definitely cheaper and is still capable of running 10 second quarter miles. If you plan on upgrading again later, The TE-45a would be my choice and be done with it. I use the PTE version and I am very happy with it. I just need traction and a bigger boost gauge. ;)