what kind of computer do u guys and girls have???

ttypewe4jim

pa turbo buick racing
i kind of got the idea for this tread from the one on how long do u leave your computer on for

just wondering what kind of computers u guys have

my personal pc thats in my room is a
thermtake case
intel mb
intel prosser (2.6ghrz overcloked to ?? depends how dearing i am lol)
512mb of ram (im looking to upgrade soon to around 1.5gigs)
3 hard drives
one 120gig 7200rpm
one 120gig 7200rpm
and a 30 gig that i just use for music and other files kind of like a back up drive
its got a ati radion 9600se (imo best for the money)
belkin dvd + r burner at the time when i got it they where like 300 and i dont even think they had a + % - one out for under 500 but im not sure....its also a 4x
ah and some case lights a front led thing....
and about 6 fans :D

my school comp (high school) is just a mac ibook laptop
700 Mhz power pc G3
318 mb of ram
cd burner and a 30 gig hd

i also have 4 other desktops in the house and 4 older laptops for ds and stuff like that
then my dads sony vio laptop (its alright but nothing sepical) he only has a 10gig hd on it which i could never live with lol :D

hth
jim
feedback please lol
ps if u wont il try and get some pics of the set up and host them

heres a thing that i use in my sig on alot of sites (but here u cant :mad: )

thats the specs on the thermal as of right now (i had to reformat tonight so thats why the uptime is so low lol)

I'm running an HP 760n complete with
Intel Pentium 4 Processor,
512 SD DDR RAM
80GB Hard drive internal (came with computer, junk)
275GB Hard drive external (Maxtor, used only for car videos) 8mb cache, 8500rpm max speed, fluid bearing for whisper-quiet operation, connects either via USB 2.0 or 1394 Firewire
64x32x64 dual-drive setup, only one of them can play DVD's. Basically, using the both of them, I can do everything except burn DVD's.
Optic mouse.
Uhh, let's see, Mitsubishi NX85 18.1" LCD monitor
Logitech Z560 4.1 Surround Sound speakers + sub = 300W
Come summer time, I'm going to need a cooling solution because even now, in the middle of winter, I have to keep the heater vent closed because the room gets hot and the temperature in the corner under my desk where the computer sits must be awful and that little fan doesn't do too good of a job venting the heat, so, we'll see.

thats a good point i didnt even think to put what kind of speakers i have lol i have the same thing 5.1 just a little more watts 500 :d my dad decided to go bigger so i got his old system :D

my moniter is just a dell 19 flat screen i wont 2 have another on but i dont have the room for it so for now i just use my tv trew s video as a second screen :)

Intel 3.06 proc w/ ht
865p mb
1 gig ram
sony dvd/cd burner
2 80 gig hds
black thermaltake case with 8 led 80 mm fans
my trusty old GeForce 3 video card...(looking to upgrade to the GeForce 5700)

I'm using the onboard sound with a JBL 2.1 setup

I'm really looking to go to a 6.1 sound system. Anybody got any suggestions on a soundcard? It looks like prolly an Audigy 2, but I'm open to suggestions.

Originally posted by BigDaddy
Intel 3.06 proc w/ ht
865p mb
1 gig ram
sony dvd/cd burner
2 80 gig hds
black thermaltake case with 8 led 80 mm fans
my trusty old GeForce 3 video card...(looking to upgrade to the GeForce 5700)

I'm using the onboard sound with a JBL 2.1 setup

I'm really looking to go to a 6.1 sound system. Anybody got any suggestions on a soundcard? It looks like prolly an Audigy 2, but I'm open to suggestions.

i really wont to get a new sound card also my on board one cant handel the power of my system so it cuts out sometimes its a big pita......... i really like the audigy 2 but im looking into some of the usb 2.0 ones because they can handel just as much if not more power

dell 4600 p4 2.6 with ht tech, 512 ram, nvidia gforce 5200, dvd,cd burner/writer, nec 15" lcd monitor, hp photosmart 7760.

heres the one I want...

AMD 3200 fx51
ATI Radeon 9800 AIW PRO
RAID0 setup Raptor HD's
DVDRW+CDRW combo drive
1gig Mushkin dual channel ram
21" Viewsonic flat screen (LCD's are HORRIBLE for gaming...)
ASUS sk8n mobo
audigy 2

like 2700$...

that 2700$ is going to make my car run 10's though.

Dell 8200...with a whole bunch of stuff...:confused: not really into computers but was told by people into them that I have only touch the tip of the iceburg on what my pc can do...

POS Dell 600 w/512 and 10 gig drives..

Converting to the dark side soon for the Mac G5 w/2gig ram and all the trimmings..

Hahha, I'm in the dark ages.

I just upgraded my main PC/server from 400mhz to 650mhz. It's many moons old and still does everything I need. My laptops are 500mhz as well.

What's the "need for ludicrous speed" on a PC??

P3 1mhz processor, 768 MB ramm,40gig HD @7,200rpm, 64 megs asus DDR Vid Card, acer cdrw 24x10x40, LG dvd rom, plenty fast and i bet I can whoop any of you @ quake3 instarail game on DM17 map. :)

AMD Athlon 64 3400+@2420Mhz
Radeon 9800Pro@450core 370mem (Volt Modded)
Corsair XMS3500 512MB @220
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum 7.1
Plextor 708-A 8X DVD burner
Plextor Premium 52x CDRW
Creative 16x DVD
2x 80G Maxtor SATA
1x 120G Maxtor for storage
1x 60G for Windows XP 64Bit Version
Enermax 550W Power supply
NEC LCD Monitor

Computer benchmarking has now become my first hobby. Instead of dragracing my Malibu I dragrace my computer.

I thought about NOS stickers and wing to speed up my PC.

rice_case5.jpg

Rear view with high performance fart pipe for the fan:

rice_case4.jpg

my combo is perdy simple

AMD 2800+ 300fsb
gigbyte GA-7NNXP
1 (2 512 sticks) gig of DDR400 corsair
radeon 9200 pro
2 80 gig hard drives raid'd
1 20 gig for stuff
1 lite on CD/dvd RW and Dvd player
1 perdy cool looking silver case, with a black light and all my wires are hiden and my drivers are stealthed.

seems to work fine

oh i have a 19 veiw sonic flat screen CRT and a wireless keyboard and mouse :)

TA thats the fastest looking tower I've ever seen.
I mostly use an IBM 760XD laptop with a little more memory and a 6 gig HD works for my direct scan too.
My desktop is a Gateway I got 2 yrs ago.
I don't know $hitt about all the stuff you guys are talking about.:D
Tarey D.

I think I probably have the oldest and slowest computer here.

Its a 200 Mhz Pentium MMX IBM aptiva, 40 MB ram, 4.2 GB hd, 2MB video card, and probably about a billion hours on it. Its not the prettiest looking computer, but its never failed me. It lets me use email, word, internet, and do everything else besides play video games-- thats what xbox is for.

TA--- hook me up with that phat spoiler, my computer is in serious need of more boost.

I never shut my computer off, it has about 2 inches of dust on everything inside and nothing has really failed yet. Thanks IBM!

~Murt

Originally posted by TT/A1233
What's the "need for ludicrous speed" on a PC??

It's just like having a fast car, there's not really a "need" except for the one that courses through your veins. It's something that makes you want to have the fastest one on the block even if you're hardly ever (if at all) going to get to push it to the limit. Though the computer might make more sense for some of us (gamers, video editors, certain programmers, graphic artists, etc.) who can benefit from that power it often makes much less sense for most of us (most average computer users have a much faster, and more expensive, machine than they really need). On to my specs:

Desktop
Shuttle SS51G Small Form Factor Case with FS51 Mobo
P4 2.4b, 512 MB Corsair XMS C2 PC3200 DDR, 160GB WD SE, ATI 9600XT, Samsung BEAB348 DVD/CDR, Dell 1800FP, Logitech MX Duo

Laptop
Emachines M6805
Athlon 64 3000+, 512MB PC2700DDR, DVD/CDR, Flash Memory Slots, 54G Wireless, 15.4" widescreen

Both are nice systems and run just about anything out there. Not to start anything, just a differing opinion: if you're going to be playing games please spend the extra cash and get a 9600XT (or a pro or plain 9600) as the se cards are junk for games and a waste of cash if that's what you're planning to do. The 9600XT is definately the best bang for your buck.

-Jade