What kind of bumper fillers are most people buying now.........

I was going to post my experience with 3 different fillers I used. But the whole thread went into the toilet and no one will even go this far to read info on it.:eek:

OP here. I read Every Post and would like to know about the 3 different fillers used. Too much info, like power is not enough!;)

43157292.jpg

/thread

OP here. I read Every Post and would like to know about the 3 different fillers used. Too much info, like power is not enough!;)

Oh Ok.....
1st project:I bought Dankos fronts and installed them absolutely perfect fit matching lines all that was needed was to paint and install.

2nd project car: ordered Dankos again and bought ABS rear from a board member. Dankos were absolutely terrible. Fit like crap and had flaws in the gelcoat needed a lot of prep and had weird gaps after install.
The ABS I would NOT put on my worst enemy's car. Horrible wouldnt fit into the tail light bezel and they were very brittle. I understand Danko has/had two facilities that made them and the one to get them from was the place in Miami but there was no way to specify that when ordering....

3rd project: G bodys urethane. Cost so much my balls hurt, but they were top nothc my body guy said they were the best aftermarket filler type parts he had ever seen. and they installed like a factory piece.

Oh Ok.....
1st project:I bought Dankos fronts and installed them absolutely perfect fit matching lines all that was needed was to paint and install.

2nd project car: ordered Dankos again and bought ABS rear from a board member. Dankos were absolutely terrible. Fit like crap and had flaws in the gelcoat needed a lot of prep and had weird gaps after install.
The ABS I would NOT put on my worst enemy's car. Horrible wouldnt fit into the tail light bezel and they were very brittle. I understand Danko has/had two facilities that made them and the one to get them from was the place in Miami but there was no way to specify that when ordering....

3rd project: G bodys urethane. Cost so much my balls hurt, but they were top nothc my body guy said they were the best aftermarket filler type parts he had ever seen. and they installed like a factory piece.

That is good info about the QC on the Dankos. Maybe that is why we get conflicting reports on them. My rear was absolute crap. My fronts fit nice with some work, but are still brittle. Nick Micale showed me the Danko fronts on his race car and fitment was not even close. Hit and miss I guess.

You are the first person here to review the ABS. I just heard to stay away.

Good info on the new OEM style urethane. I think that is a creat option for someone who wants to keep the car all original looking. Do they flex like the originals?

for a FEW dollars more.....4 times as much haha I'm sure his are VERY nice, but for those of us on a budget the Danko's will do just fine

"Those of us on a budget" should buy a Honda.

There is nothing cheap when it comes to owning a 25yr old Turbo Buick, nothing.

If the costs a little money, it will eat up a lot of time, and vice versa.

Mike's fillers are top notch..hands down.

In my case, the car is in the body shop and getting completely repainted. Its not gonna cost me anymore to paint the fillers with the car and they will match the paint 100%...

Maaco or Earl Schieb?

After all, " for a few dollars more".......

OK, this is what i have come up with after reading peoples experience on fillers.

1.) SpoolFool has many satisfied users with positive results and are, of course, expensive. I like the "no gap" at the tag in the rear. Looks like a Excellent product.
2.) G Body's urethane also has great reviews/results and are also expensive but look and feel, "flex", like the Originals. Like this route as well.
3.) Danko has conflicting reports as to Quality, Some like em, some don't. It seems to matter where they are made. It sounds as though quality might be better if they are made in Miami. There might be a way to verify this or maybe not. Hard to ignore the price but still possibly taking a chance.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I really appreciate it.

You summarized it well. The eBay fillers I've seen have been dankos by the way.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I was a little disappointed when I received my "Spoolfool" fillers that they weren't autographed by Mike! WTF where is the consistency in that? Who is doing the QA on these? LOL. Despite this they fit and look great!

I was a little disappointed when I received my "Spoolfool" fillers that they weren't autographed by Mike! WTF where is the consistency in that? Who is doing the QA on these? LOL. Despite this they fit and look great!

Lmao that's great.
That's what happens when your head gets inflated. By nut huggers

I will add one thing about my Dankos. I ordered them from GBody, but the manufacturer shipped them to me directly. I remember that it was not from Miami.

So...I'm getting my car ready to sell and wanted to snag a set of fillers last minute to get on for the big car corral at turkey rod run next week. I get a painter lined up and know that danko miami is an hour from me. They advertise all over craigslist so I called them today to see if I can pick up two sets because a buddy wanted a set too. So the guy jerks me around on the phone and then says...no problem...if you can be here in an hour and a half we are good. So I say no problem and oh by the way do I have to order online or can you run my card when I get there. He responds with "my wife can probably do it next week but not today and we are taking orders off the to be shipped shelves and selling those to you"....hmmm...so I was dumb-founded for a second and then he tells me that it takes three or four weeks to get them made up and that they should charge me a 20% rush fee!! WTF?? For real.....so I tell him all I want is what is advertised and have funds via credit card and really need them today...and I guess I will find another vendor that isn't going to screw other waiting customers as well as charge a damn rush fee for shit he advertises. Fuck danko!! If I was keeping the car I would have had no reservation buying spool fools filler, but time and money held back on this one. So all the reading about how people are waiting forever for their fillers...this is why...people don't know how to run a business!!

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the market for fillers myself. I'll probably get the oem style from kirbans.

Here's the deal guys, from an unbiased shop......

My shop installed the rear filler on Nick Micale's street car, we've done a few since then, too. They were the easiest and most trouble free fitment ever.

We spend our days fitting up factory fillers and bumper covers on Jaguars, Bentley's, BMW's, Rolls Royce's and most exotic brands all day long.

My guys are as unbiased as they come and, because they hate to work on any Buick, mostly because of me :D, their words about quality speak volumes.

SpoolFool's stuff is the shit for Buicks and there is no better.

The rest of you can say what you will, but there is no comparison when it comes to quality and fitment, period.

What TurboTGuy said! My Spool Fool fillers are the shizzy! I'm waiting to paint mine down the road when the car needs it. The gel coat is super close- at five feet, perfect match. Oh, and they are signed! ;)