What kind of bumper fillers are most people buying now.........

Send them to Miguel, he's probably done as many as most. Or RC's guy.
By the way I couldn't find Danko on our vendors list anywhere Who's carrying them. Just curious.

I better dump these cars this week and trade up to a Mary Kay Pink Mustang.

Please do and the rest of us would appreciate it.;)

Depending on what you're doing with the car depends on what you want to do. If this is a show or concourse car then Mikes fillers are the absolute best, hands down. The vendors have been trying to get Mike to sell to them and so far he hasn't because he's not making enough on them to discount them. He designed them off Mr. Wells car, if I remember right, and Gary got updates on how things were going as Mike was working on them. They aren't chopped glass sprayed from a gun, but hand laid for a better product.

Danko is making a high volume product and no info on the molds ect. There have been fitment issues with them as well as other products that they've made. If you just need some fillers to get you by then they'll work. If you don't have the $ to spend on a better product then this is a solution you can use to make your car look better. In a lot of cases some of us are not able to spend the extra $ to buy the best so we look for solutions that we can afford.

I really don't understand what all the bitching is about because everyone has a different budget and goal with their cars. I don't think Mikes fillers have been out long enough to really make an impact but I have a feeling that other companies that make this type of part are starting to pay attention to those that are willing to step up and make a better product, for our cars or other ones.

It's up to you how you do things but in this case I'm reminded of my mother. She would always buy the least expensive product she could and it would break rather quickly. We'd end up going out and getting something a little more expensive and it would hold up a little better but it would still break fairly quickly. Unfortunately Dad started to do the same thing as he got older and the same thing happened. Since I was a mechanic I learned quickly that if you buy cheap you get cheap, and I bought the better products. I still have the bench grinder I bought to replace the one dad bought after his died. His was 2 or 3 years old when it died and mine's well over 20 now. Yes, it cost more, but in the end it's served it's purpose well. Buy what you need to get by if you have no choice, but if you can, buy the best product you can afford since you want it to last.;)

They say - there is no such thing as bad publicity - I do believe both SpoolFool and Danko have both received plenty now.
I bet Brian is only too happy his Urethane's are not even being mentioned.
Who cares - they're only bumper fillers for 25 year old Buicks.
Ain't like something important - like which is the best pacemaker I should buy

Pacemaker. Lmao .

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It's not that I couldn't afford the spoolfool fillers its just I couldn't make myself spend 4 times as much on something because it doesn't have a 1/4" gap in the middle. That's the only difference. Mine fit perfect so the fitment couldn't be any better and they are made of fiberglass so I'm sure they will last a very very long time. All I wanted to accomplish by posting on here was to let others know that Danko fillers fit perfect because their has been so much controversy on bumper fillers and I felt like others should know my experience with them. It makes me wonder if the people that have responded negatively towards them have even tried them?

I can voice my opinion from cold hard experience.
I had Dunbo fillers prior to getting Mike's bumper fillers.
Support Danko all that you want. I know better than
to do so for my criteria. There again, everybody knows
that I am anal & OCD.

Different strokes for different folks....I went with SpoolFool's because of the unmatched quality, fit and finish. But I can also totally understand all the reasons why someone might choose differently. Don't really understand what all the fuss is about...Both have their place in the market.

It's not that I couldn't afford the spoolfool fillers its just I couldn't make myself spend 4 times as much on something because it doesn't have a 1/4" gap in the middle. That's the only difference. Mine fit perfect so the fitment couldn't be any better and they are made of fiberglass so I'm sure they will last a very very long time. All I wanted to accomplish by posting on here was to let others know that Danko fillers fit perfect because their has been so much controversy on bumper fillers and I felt like others should know my experience with them. It makes me wonder if the people that have responded negatively towards them have even tried them?

That's the only difference? The way they are built is completely different. One is thinly sprayed into a mold and the other is hand laid and thick as hell. Would that make a difference if you got into a wreck? Nope. But the Dankos can chip and splinter pretty easy. Ask me how I know. ;) This is really the thing to consider when purchasing. Keep in mind I've had both and speak from experience. As far as fitment goes, the Dankos can fit and can look great with some work. They will take a lot of work on the rear if you want to convert them to a 1 piece. If you don't care about the gap, then no biggie. I gotta hand it to Mike for fitment though. It really is hard to find a product that will just bolt up and look good as is. I hate paying tons of money for something that requires lots of work to make fit. That's why I usually go with the cheap version. In this case I ditched my Dankos as soon as I saw Spoolfools. My main reason was that I was getting a show car paint job and the Dankos were not going to cut it.

For those of you with GN's that have original paint...or at least the original color. Get a quote to get the fillers painted and add that to the cost of the Dankos. Compare that to the cost of the spoolfools. They will look great without paint. Those of you with T's, tough luck. :D

The moral to this story is that the Dankos will get you by on the cheap and look alight. Nobody can really talk to the longevity so I won't even go there. For those who want top notch fillers that are sturdy and look perfect right out of the box and are willing to pony up a lot more cash, then get the Spoolfools. I'm just happy that Mike is building fillers that are far above and beyond the rest quality wise. It's nice to have multiple options.

For the price danko fillers are good. Only problem I've had with them is the left rear tail lamp does not go back to its original . More expensive but taking the prep time and fit issues I've had ,spoolfool a better bang for your buck.

So what about the abs fillers? Thinking of going this route for my dd. Especially the rears. My gn needs rears soon as well and it might get good ones.

As if there wasn't enough controversey.

Saying that a particular part design, brand, & / or manufacturer's
part fits in your budget better does not make the part quality equal,
it just defines your particular financial situation as measured
against your needs & / or wants.
Nobody's bumper fillers, whether front or 1 piece rear, are anywhere
even close to the quality & integrity of Mikes. It's not even a contest.
There is nothing wrong with admitting that a person cannot afford
something or that a particular item is above the quality or integrity
they need for their build.
When I can't buy what I consider the best in product quality or
vendor service for my CTS-V, my turbo brick, or my handguns then it
is time for this old man to pull up his pants & get the hell out of the game.

Gary!
is that a Honda -Accord, with a Cadillac emblem?

Brians fillers were mentioned no bashing intended but they were shit :) pain I the ass to install too ... I think ima rip them off and try another vendor ... guess whos lol. But the only other replacement fillers I had to go by were the nos ones I found at a deal now $800

If you have money and can show off like Gary[ posting an expensive {RATILAC] in this thread that has nothing to do with bumper fillers except to prove what's already been said many times.

Buy the ones you can afford without taking out a loan and be done with it.

Mikes are better quality and that's readily apparent, but not all have the money or show cars to deem the expense of the best ones that money can buy.

P.S. For another hundred spoolfools should install themselves.

The people have spoken and it's SPOOLFOOL by a mile in high quality and price.

Can we all put our penis's away now, this thread has served it's purpose and then some!!!

Abs are a good replacement if you want the holes filled. They look ok and fit ok.

Brians fillers were mentioned no bashing intended but they were shit :) pain I the ass to install too ... I think ima rip them off and try another vendor ... guess whos lol. But the only other replacement fillers I had to go by were the nos ones I found at a deal now $800

Are you talking about the budget abs fillers or the new OEM repros? I am assuming you are talking about the ABS fillers that have been available for years. I'm not looking for show quality, this car isn't even garaged, and my body man told me if I'm buying cheap fiberglass that he's not gonna be the one to paint them. Thats why I'm leaning for the cheap abs for the rears.

So what about the abs fillers? Thinking of going this route for my dd. Especially the rears. My gn needs rears soon as well and it might get good ones.

As if there wasn't enough controversey.

I'm not too sold on the way those abs fillers work.
Well - at least for my situation.

Attachments

• abs fillers.jpg
    abs fillers.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 108
Yes the ones around for years. I've used , used aftermarket abs fillers found in junk yards