What kind of bumper fillers are most people buying now.........

Dankos are total crap. Spoolfools fillers are the absolute best hands down. Ive had both btw. They are thick, hand laid fiberglass and have a thick gel coat. They are already drilled and fit perfect right out of the box. The rear is a 1 piece which is a huge plus. If you drop something heavy on the Dankos they will crack. One of my Danko fronts has already splintered on the side when I lightly bumped it with my leg prior to bumper installation.

Danco direct . All 4 front and rear fillers
Fiber glass. Great fit. $219.00.
Out of miami all so do
Glass Hoods.gnx flares.gnx vents.rear spoilers.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Danco is garbage. Ended up sending them back and reusing my old ones, they were pure trash. I was told by the guy I sent them back to that they just stuff defective ones back in boxes and send them back out till someone doesn't complain, this is someone we all know and respect fyi. Horrible company

Danco is garbage. Ended up sending them back and reusing my old ones, they were pure trash. I was told by the guy I sent them back to that they just stuff defective ones back in boxes and send them back out till someone doesn't complain, this is someone we all know and respect fyi. Horrible company
Wow. Really
I've delt with them for a long time
And have installed at least 20 sets only one issue. And they sent me a set out and said to keep the first one they had sent it only had a chip on the top.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

These are danco fillers. My old t type
They fit perfectly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Attachments

• 1375044559930.jpg
    1375044559930.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 235
Few words of advice

For a cleaner look Spoolfools are top notch....and once he decids to wholesale to other companies we will offer his rear one piece.

Outside of that the G body version is the best and ones we carry besides the abs ones. G bodys is an upgraded version of GM buy upgrade I mean the material has greatly advance since Gm made them for our cars back in the mid 1980s.

A word of advice if you you locate original brand new GM ones in the box their is no guarantee they won;t crumble when your body shop goes to prep them. Its a gamble.

Reason we carry cheaper ones like ABS and others carry fiberglass one reason - cost factor. Like shocks we carry KYBs and Bilsteins.. Again its a cost factor and how much you got to spend.

Whatever route you take pick up a flip down stay down license plate bracket it avoids issues of fighting the license plate bracket when putting gas in your tnak..nothing worse than spilling fuel on those high buck rear filler(s).

Frankly that entire design set up gapping bumpers from the body was a terrible idea..

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I just ordered a set of Danko for $183.15 including shipping. I was planning on ordering the Spoolfool fillers but I just couldn't spend that kind of money on fillers! I will let y'all know how these Danko ones fit in a couple of weeks.

Spoolfool's are the best. They're a little more money, but totally worth it. Spend the extra money, you won't be disappointed.

I have the Danko fillers on my car and they do fit good. But yes they do make noise. The only other problem I had with them is when you drill the holes out to mount them they don't leave much material so be careful when bolting them in so u don't break the fiberglass.

Some told me the fiberglass fillers make noise when going over bumps. Anyone have that problem?

I have spoolfool's so the near perfect fit helps in that regard. Others that had that problem simply trimmed the problematic areas so there is no contact or rubbed the area with a bar of soap.

Out of the box the black gel coat looks better that a lot of paint jobs.

Comes in high gloss black gelcoat. Not a perfect match to the original black paint but in the shade its a pretty decent match. In the sun the difference in shade becomes more noticeable.

Here is a picture comparison for you guys:

Here are the Dankos on the inside. I can literally bust these with 2 fingers. They are brittle as hell.

DSCF3554.JPG

Here are Spoolfool's:

DSCF3559.JPG

The Dankos are paper thin compared to the hand laid, gel coated Spoolfool's.

DSCF3556.JPG

I'm usually the king of cheap, but this really is a case of "you get what you pay for". Think about the longevity of the fillers. Not to mention Mike's rear filler is a 1 piece and that saves you good money at the body shop.

One more shot:

DSCF3557.JPG

I put nos fillers on mine then g bodys fillers after paint an it was a pita to fit the g bodys

Anyone try the fillers from Kirban? They claim to have better then Oem fillers. Price is a little cheaper than spoolfools.

Here you can see where the Dankos had to be screwed in to keep from sagging. You can also see where the screw cracked them. :eek:

DSCF3552.JPG

The real question is... do u want cheap and have to replace them down the road... or expensive now.. and never have to replace??? I bought spoolfools... and LOVE THEM. I could only afford fronts... hope to get rear next year.

Just saw this thread.
Thanks everyone.:) My fillers come in any color you want, as long as it's gloss black.:D They can easily be painted and do not require a flex agent. The black jell coat should look just as black as your paint in the shade. In the sun, they look a little grayer but not too bad. Sometimes they may have a few very small pits or scratches in the jell coat. They should get you by just fine until you're ready to paint the whole car. They are hand laid fiberglass, made just up the road from my home of Huntington Beach CA. All holes are pre drilled. Money orders or cashiers checks only. Fillers are in stock and all orders ship out the same or next day. Call or send me a Message for shipping cost. Links to pics, vids and customer feedback are in my sig below for those logged on. If you can't see it, log in or join the site finally, and quit being a lurker.:eek::D

For those who haven't seen it, here's what to expect.

My rear one piece bumper filler.

My front bumper filler.

All proceeds go to a great cause.

Me doing things that scare the crap out of my wife.:D

Thanks for the support and happy spooling.

Mike Barnard
(949) 433-1257