What is the weight of a TTA?

Mine weighs about 3350lbs with 5 gallons of gas in it with no spare tire or jack . It has the Lexan T-tops, not the glass ones.

PS we just sold our '94 Camaro Z28 A4 convert. to pay for the TTA. It was the same color, had the same cloth interior and black roof as yours.

Mine weighs in about the same as that. I also have Lexan T-Tops.

Thanks guys. I was wondering the weight because I wanted to do a comparision. If you are weighting in around 3350, and my convertible weights in around 3800...give or take. Hmmmmm...I know where there is a total pull out from a GN. Just a thought, incase I cant sell her to get a TTA. Could be fun to have a TZ/28:D

Mine weighed 3575 and 3800 with me in it..that must be some heavy spare tire and jack :)

I guess it depends on the scale..and I weighed mine using the scale at the track.

I'd believe 3550 without the spare..

FWIW.mines a t-top car

Originally posted by Razor
Mine weighed 3575 and 3800 with me in it..that must be some heavy spare tire and jack :)

I guess it depends on the scale..and I weighed mine using the scale at the track.

I'd believe 3550 without the spare..
FWIW, I weighed mine at Englistown and Memphis, both times it was 3550 with me in it. Nothing taken out of the car and with a 1/4 tank of gas.

As an aside, I did the same with my 96 WS6 Formula and it weighed in at 3650-3660 at both those places.

Yup, I've also weighed my car at two different tracks. 3580lbs with me and half a tank of gas and I weigh 205lbs.

Razor, I would suspect the scale you used was out of whack, Even my GN doesn't even weigh 3550 :confused:

My TTA was 3400 on a certified truck scale with 8 gallons of gas in it (jack and spare in it too)

My car was 3360 with a nearly full tank of gas and nobody in the car. Spare tire and jack were in the back. My car's a hardtop, so that probably saves a few pounds. Recently calibrated truck scale.

Thanks for the good info guys. I just wondered compared to a 4th gen Z/28 what they weighted. If I cant sell my current Z/28 to join the hallowed TTA ranks, then I was thinking of a motor swap. I know where there is a pull out from a car for sale. Just a idea I was kickin around. Hopefully I can sell my vert instead.

Aw come on..you guys are picking on me cuase I'm a little heavy....I like being heavy cuase it inflates my horsepower numbers..Ya'll suck :)

I just lost horsepower after this thread..

I guess my TTA just got Jenny Craig'd :rolleyes:

hehe..dam free scales..I'm going to go and complain..

last year at noble oklahoma i weighed my cloth TTA-

with jack, spare, glass tops

3435 with 7 gallons of gas

3565 w/o driver. Few gallons of fuel and some stereo stuff.

hth: Jason

See..mine isnt the only pudgy one ...

Ha

Fwiw..I use heavy air in my tires ;)