what is the stock injector size?

tpivette89

ive heard 27lbs and 30lbs. which is right?

also, what would happen if i used the stock actuator on a TA33 turbo? would that basically limit the boost output of the new turbo to the stock level?

gnttype.org has the answer to your injector size question, and also has diagrams for turning your stock wastegate rod into an adjustable one allowing for you to choose boost level.

When I installed my TA-33 I already had a chip that was set to 18psi. It immediately went to 23psi because of the difference in airflow. I had to make my wastegate adjustable to turn it down. After I turned the boost down, I made my 3" downpipe and it went back up to 21psi which is where it stays now. :D

hmmm, maybe i should look into making it adjustable. ill be installing the TA33 with a Kenne Bell chip (which probably increases boost). if it overboosts like yours did then ill definately have to have some way of turning it down

thanks for the quick responses!

The stocker injectors are 28lbs
i'd reccomend the deplhi 37s if going with a T33c.
those injectors and that turbo are a perfect match IMO.

the t33c is a kick ass turbo

the thing is.......
the stocker flows about 350 cfm and the T33c flows about 700 cfm....

so at about 5 pounds of boost , that T33 can probally make more power then that stocker could at 10 lbs of boost. Make sure to upgrade that fuel pump and hotwire it or else !

Id reccomend sticking with the stock wastegate actuator if yoiur not too familiar with these cars.
But you can purchase the adjustable thru Postons.
set it for around 10-12 psi and get the car running good before you play with it any higher then that.

make sure you have the necassary guages (boost, knock, scanmaster) before you start getting too extreme.