What is the difference between a GN and T-TYPE?

Rice_eater

Hello, sorry for all the q's but i just want to learn as much as i can about these cool cars. I have a few q's for ya, what are the differences between a gn and t-type other than appearance? I know that they both have 3.8 turbo motors but is the GN's more powerful? Are the tranny's both the same? What else? Thanks

AUTHENTICITY - It is common for people to clone regular Turbo Regals to resemble Grand Nationals. Mechanically, they could be purchased identical, but there were different fascia and graphics. The RPO code for the factory Grand National package is "WE2". In short, here are a few characteristics to look for on 84-87 GN's: factory GN's have unique GN emblems, 2 on the front fenders, 1 on the driver's side trunk lid, and a smaller one on the passenger dash trim plate. The 86/87 series has "intercooled" emblems under these 2 fender emblems. The word "Buick" only appears on the dash trim plate and the front grille.

The GN has a unique interior design, consisting of gray on black with the red/yellow "6" emblems on the headrests. The 84-87 GN s were all black, had no hood ornament, and no exterior chrome, with the exception of the wheels and the front grille (the '87 grille was all black) The Grand Nationals also had a unique 3-piece rear spoiler. Remember, all these characteristics could be forged or transplanted.

:cool:

Drivetrains are the same in all turbo cars excepting the GNX.

T's could be had in all colors even black.

GN's are worth more for some strange reason even though they made a bunch more of them.

86 and 87 are the intercooled ones. :)

Search feature should get you a ton of info. about them all.

is there a section on this site that gives you some quick q&a about these cars so I dont have to keep asking the questions i am sure you all have heard a million times?