What is it about those stupid stangs?

Well if I had to have a Fox body I'd try to find myself one of the rare 5.0 Capri's. Kind of what the Regal/GN is when compared to a MonteCarlo. Like educated white trash. :D

I never really liked that style hood on those capri's. I can't remember, didn't those things have a few different hoods over the years?

My turbo hot parts just came today.....:D

Attachments

• mustang 2 089.jpg
    mustang 2 089.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 122
Nice Car Bandaid! I had a 5.0 that looked just like that White one. BTW- what Turbo Kit, Size turbo, and Trans are you putting on that thing? I had a Proturbokit Street Dominator on my last one.

Ttypewhite's Brother has a couple of really nice Stangs! Especially that Foxbody-

Also, Ttypewhites White T with the GNX louvers is absolutely SweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT!

My turbo hot parts just came today.....:D

Also, Ttypewhites White T with the GNX louvers is absolutely SweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT!
HOW true............

the HOt parts are From a guy on ebay , he doesnt mass produce them.. they are stainless and cost me $350,I will have a single on the passengers side with a Master Power T70,stock block 302:eek: trasn for now is a AOD but will need some rebuilding soon.. just looking for 400hp
:D

Well if I had to have a Fox body I'd try to find myself one of the rare 5.0 Capri's. Kind of what the Regal/GN is when compared to a MonteCarlo. Like educated white trash. :D

I think the comparison would be more SVO-ish. I had 4 85's and an 86 GT, and always wanted the capri with the big ground effect nose(I think was 85-6). I dont see very many SVO's any more. One guy has one I know of, runs low 12's. not too bad for what it is.

The capri is more of a generic mustang. I have seen a few for sale and it seems they cant give them away. The 93 cobra R would be top dog of the fox mustangs, the 93 SVT cobra would be next in line.

The Capri was (after 1978) a knock off of the Mustang. I had an '81 I paid $450 for. It was a base model car with the inline 6 and auto, it met it's match with a phone pole 10 years ago.

Which sucks b/c if I still had it, I would drop in a 347 stroker, a 9 inch rear and put some Weld pro stars on it, with big sticky meats in the rear. :cool:

I Love the 5.0 Ford Magazine which has at the Back of it the Babe of the Month pictures. Why don't we have a Babe of the Month????

That's not the only reason I love Mustangs though. A lot has already been said by many of the responses here. They're just all around, fun torquey cars to drive, and playing around with a manual transmission can be a blast-

Its just the fact that they are relatively light....especially the notchbacks and it doesn't take much to make them fast.

exactly. around here the fox body mustangs have dried up along with the 3rd gen f-body

When I get a TR, I might change it. :D

Hopefully this is soon.. Then it would prolly change to FiveOhBOOOOO!

For a TR there is No Substitute. Not even that thing your driving... what was it again btw, wasn't paying attention.. LOL.. JK JK.

YUP:) Once you drive a TB you're hooked. Don't know what it is...I got the lt1 trans am after I got my Buick running reasonable. I test drove the T/A and when I brought it back I said "eh, it'll do for a driver:rolleyes: " not being sarcastic but there was no sudden "skid my pants" torque to it. Even floored it around a corner, no surprises:frown: , what's the fun in that:confused: . I don't know if fbody is engraved in my bones from all those years driving the 3rd gen, but I'm not scared of it. Wasn't anything like last February when I tookt eh buick out and jumped on it around a corner swung around and almost jumped the curb:eek: . Shoulda saw the look on my buddy's face:biggrin: , DIdn't ever think it was gonna be that fast, and he's teh one that has a hardee's for those ponycars;)

I'm late to this thread, and I don't know if anyone's said this or not, but I went to a Mustang Fox for the sound of the V8. I grew up around a lot of 60's muscle cars, and that sound just does something to me. Even though the Mustang is faster than any of the TR's I've had (10.70's - 10.90's) it's damn near impossible to drive around and not very comfortable either. In retrospect, I wish I would have kept the GN, but we all do dumb things. :frown: If I could have both, I would. Maybe someday I'll get another TR and I'll never get rid of it. I tried to win the give-away T, but no such luck. Just like the V8 sound, that turbo whine gets under your skin. I miss it.

A couple of my friends and buddies had 5.0 Mustangs right after we graduate HS. They were a lot of fun. Most of yhe guys that actually raced them were cool, the guy that had all stock ones with flowmasters were the dick heads. Non of my friend's 5.0's were really all that fast, low 14's/13's on street tires at the track. Only couple of the local one actually could run 12's with slicks (this was before Drag Radials were available). I don't know about now, but they weren't all that cost effect for going fast unless you want a shot of N2O. They were cheaper than the TPI F-bodies and Vette though.

Recently, one of my buddies from HS has talked about getting another 5.0 and modifying it. He also had a Turbo Buick but doesn't want to spend 15k for nice one. I don't get it, he likes GN better.