what insurance co. is everyone using for their buicks?

I've always used State Farm for all of my vehicles. I had a show car type policy on my 87 GN that had a $25K valuation on the car....of course I had an appraisal, copies of all factory documents, list of aftermarket parts with replacement costs, etc. With my T, I made sure they have it listed as a turbo Regal, not just a standard V6 Regal coupe. Whoever you get insurance with, make sure they put it in writing that they show it as a turbo Regal/GN, not a Regal coupe. Couple of people on here have gone through hell when something happened to their car and the ins company tried to say they had a regular Regal coupe, not a turbo car.

BTW....paying $74/mo full coverage for my T. I've also been with the same ins agent for 15 years now, so that helps a bit.

I have the 79, 89 TA and the GN with Grundy, its about $230/yr full coverage per car with a $15k stated value, with no mileage restriction, but is on a collector policy which means it can't be driven to work, erands, etc...basically cannot be left unattended except in a locked garage...and they require pics of the garage where it is kept.

Jeff,

I'm doing the same thing, who did you finally go with? We have AAA the 86' GN costs $700+ per year and spotless record. Waaaay too much money for a car I don't drive 1500 miles a year. I would like to be able to drive it more than to a show or in a parade. I'm thinking AON insurance, maybe Hagerty...not sure yet. Your thoughts.

Thanks my friend,

Aaron

I'm a licensed insurance agent at a rather large broken in TN/VA and just wanted to shed a bit of light on this for you guys. Make sure that you have an agreed value policy on your car, not a stated value policy. A stated value policy is just about as good as the paper it is written on. In a stated value policy, the stated value is the amount they could pay you in a total lose. However, should they find a couple similar cars for 3/4 the price of your stated value, that is more than likely the amount you will be paid. An Agreed Value policy means that both you and the insurance company have agreed that your vehicle is worth this amount, generally requires a "GOOD" appraisal. In the event of a total lose you are paid exactly what is on paper less your deductable. We write with several companies that write agreed value policies and would be more than happy to get anyone from TN./VA. a quote. My email at work is drewtalbert@kerrboswell.com, or you can email me at theturboman2002@yahoo.com with any questions you may have. Thanks, Drew

like a dumbell i havent got full coverage on it . i need to do something, these guys have some good unlimited milage plans that i should get into........

I have American Collectors Insurance on both of my Buicks
The GN is covered for 12K with a 2500 miles a year allowance.

$210.00 per year.:)

I have State Farm and while it was stored for some work I only had Fire, Vandelism and Theft Policy. My car was stripped of parts.and some scratching of the paint, State Farm declared it a total loss because of the parts that were stolen. The value of parts taken was about 6k and some paint damage. When they saw my claim for the loss of parts they sent out an appraiser who looked at the damage to my 87 GN with 150k on it. They took his advice and gave me over 20k for the car and let me buy the car for 2k. That is an insurance company I will stay with.