What gains from 42# injectors with stock turbo?

Cliff

I have an 87 Turbo T with K&N cone filter, adjustable FP regulator, Racetronix 255 LPH pump with Hotwire kit, TT chip, 3" DP with test pipe and the rest of the car is stock including the IC and turbo...... I just got a great deal on 42# injectors and I know I have to send my chip back to TT so it can be updated to run with the 42# injectors. My question is what gains would i get from upgrading the injectors? Can I run more timing??? More boost?? Just want to make sure it's worth my while doing the injector swap and chip.

Any time you add more boost and more fuel you make more HP with the correct timing , small injectors only make so much power and then you run out of injector flow .

Larger injectors give you the ability to add more fuel to handle more boost. Along with that more boost and fuel you also need octane and/or charge cooling. The usual way is to add alky injection, 100 ul gas if available, or E85 if available. I wouldn't bother adding the injectors unless you take care of the octane. With the alky you could run that stock turbo up to 21 or so psi, providing everything with the car is good.

The 42lb injector will outrun the stock turbo. When u turn up the boost with the stocker you wont get much of anything other than heating the air up quickly