~~~what ever happen to ATR?~~~

ya know, that's all we had back then. No internet. I have a bunch of old GSXtras and Kirban's, ATR's newsletters. Man I could hardly wait for the next newsletter. Just think if you could only get online one day a month to look at all the information we have at our fingertips now. I even kept some of the 10% off coupons Kirban used to give out for a new subscription or a radio "turn in". They expired 15 years ago! ha!!

ya know, that's all we had back then. No internet. I have a bunch of old GSXtras and Kirban's, ATR's newsletters. Man I could hardly wait for the next newsletter. Just think if you could only get online one day a month to look at all the information we have at our fingertips now. I even kept some of the 10% off coupons Kirban used to give out for a new subscription or a radio "turn in". They expired 15 years ago! ha!!

Yeah, the GSXtras and Kirbans.:smile: Got those too. The new (younger) guys have it so good with the internet. Anything and everything you wanted to know about these cars is on this site. Back in the day there was no scanmaster, Powerlogger...you just pulled the plugs and looked at them real close.;) Tuning was learned from changing headgaskets or reading those newsletters. I am going to gather mine up and shoot some pics of my collection.

I know there's some guys that have been in it since day-1... But WOW, I can barely remember 1993, when I first started "playing" with these cars!!

K.

I've got a few ATR parts and still have their old catalog.
It's a shame they went away, they made some good parts.

Those pit bull muffs were great.

Have a bunch of their parts myself. Was lucky to get them while they were still around. They are missed.

Way back would be waiting for the cool Kenne Bell stuff to come out that really made these cars fly. :cool:

9006U chip and Sunoco 94. ;)

Back in 94 I remember sitting under my buddies GN with a dremel trying to mount up a Kenne Bell ram air kit worth 5/10ths or something like that. And every part in the ATR catalog you should be running 9's with just 2/10ths here and there with gadgets.

I will never get rid of my ATR dual 3 SS pitbull exhaust- that thing is a work of art.:biggrin:

I had everything from atr On my 86..:eek: Rember there street and strip chips..... #38 Degrees timing!!!!!:eek::eek: I still have ther DownPipe,Headers, and 2 1/2 pitbulls.... Best hands down......;)

I no I sound old here, But the internet Sure did change this world.... I really do think this is why most people now a days, are so impatient...;) I no it has done wounders Blaa, Blaa, Blaa, (Just a click away) :rolleyes: But I really do think it took away some to..:( Waiting for a cataloggg.... Who does that.......;)

Kudos to "Woodie" (Warp6) for bustin' out the old ESP, BGC, & Modern Musclecar stuff. I've got a bunch of that mess over here too :biggrin:

I actually still have their old EMC10 on my car! Their 2 1/2 stainless exhaust with Pit Bull mufflers still look like new after all these years.

I still have all of my newsletters all the way back from April of 1987. Back then its the only info you had about tuning tricks and such.
And the old Kenne Bell newsletters too...hehe, I wasted a bunch of money back in the day on some of their BS :)
I do still run their SS dual exhaust and their SS headers come to think of it :cool: Also got that cool ashtray switch plate still in there running a few things...
And the adjustable fpr still works like a champ..course its an accufab made for them.

Thinks thats all I got on there still, sold a ton of their stuff on eb :D ..fp, rear traction bar kit, pinon snubber, front air dam, IC fan shroud..cold air kit, chips......

ATR was out of biz before i got into TR's .... had many dealing with postons everything was good except the postons headers an ck strip street converters

ATR was out of biz before i got into TR's .... had many dealing with postons everything was good except the postons headers an ck strip street converters

Still running my Poston's ceramic coated headers. Just had them recoated after 8 years of floggings.

Have lots of old Kenne Bell crap in the garage somewhere.

Sometime when I get a chance, I'll post up some of my Kenne Bell, horse power stacking magic, showing how a new set of their headers and throttle body will add 54 HP to a stock engine.:rolleyes:

Mike Barnard

couple more. It would be neat to see some of the really big collections. I know there are some of you guys that have all this stuff plus more.

Wow, I loved Mike's New Letter.
I would read that every night like the Bible.
All the different combinations were memorized and I devised more...

Wow, I loved Mike's New Letter.
I would read that every night like the Bible.
All the different combinations were memorized and I devised more...

I really liked them too. Do you remember when the scanmaster first came out?
Man!! That was the greatest thing in the world at that time. Still is great.

Maybe we should scan and post the entire newsletters one month at a time and relive those old days??

Heres my collection of ATR newsletters from March of 1987 to about 1994. Its funny reading about the "newest and latest" technology. How far we have come. But all in all those guys were in the forefront of making these cars run some great times back in the day for what they were working with.

I dont want to seem stupid but how do you scan something like this. I would be happy to do it. I still read them sometimes when I am bored in my office for lunch. Lots of stuff in there. I love the Cars for sale section. The prices will blow you away!

Tell me what I need to do to get these out there for everyone.

Attachments

• atr 079.jpg
    atr 079.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 187
Man the good old days, thanks for posting that picture. The catalog was a love hate thing took weeks to put together but it sure was nice when it hit the mailbox. I liked to keep it simple, sure wish we could go back to that
Mike

I had everything from atr On my 86..:eek: Rember there street and strip chips..... #38 Degrees timing!!!!!:eek::eek: I still have ther DownPipe,Headers, and 2 1/2 pitbulls.... Best hands down......;)

HAHA, We called that ATR pitbull chip the the "pingbull chip". Everyone had it but was terrified to use it.

I remember in like '98 going to Eastern Performance on a road trip and being amazed at the amount of Buick turbo regal work going on in the shop. It's right when GMHIGHTECH released the issue titled "Buicks that fly"
the guy from eastern performance gave it to me. GMHIGHTECH was real new at the time I think. I could be wrong. I also had all those catalogs too and just threw them away recently.

Remember when that Turbo 6 knock guage came out and it was the new technolagy?

Heres my collection of ATR newsletters from March of 1987 to about 1994. Its funny reading about the "newest and latest" technology. How far we have come. But all in all those guys were in the forefront of making these cars run some great times back in the day for what they were working with.

I dont want to seem stupid but how do you scan something like this. I would be happy to do it. I still read them sometimes when I am bored in my office for lunch. Lots of stuff in there. I love the Cars for sale section. The prices will blow you away!

Tell me what I need to do to get these out there for everyone.

Set up an account at Photobucket - it's free
Scan the pages to your computer. Put them in their own file for easy access later.
Go to your new Photobucket account.
Use the MASS UPLOADER feature - up load all the files. After you get them uploaded, organize the files so they come up in numerical order.
Copy the link to your Photbucket folder in address bar.
Come here, create a new thread. (start the thread name with "NEWSLETTER" so we can all find it in a search easier)
Go to "manage attachment" then "upload file from URL" paste your link.

You'll probably need to clean up the link that automatically pastes, some reason it gets all screwy and double pastes. Maybe it's just me?? You want it to look like this [ URL] your link here [/URL ] No space between the very first bracket and the U and no space between the L and the last bracket.
Good luck!