~~~what ever happen to ATR?~~~

Turbo Indian

worlds quickest 6cyl bird
I just found this packed away in a trunk.

before some of ya'll start flipping out... I know what happen to ATR, I just wanted to ruffle the feathers of the old timers on here that are sick & tired of the same question.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 920
They sure did make some good stuff. I recently removed my 6 year old 2.5 SS exhaust system and it looks brand new still.

I still have all of my newsletters all the way back from April of 1987. Back then its the only info you had about tuning tricks and such.

AIRC, Phil Griffith sold the company to another machine shop owner. The "FNG" put it in the toilet w/ $hitty service. deliveries when they had enough orders to make it worth while, a nasty biatch on the fone, all contributed to it's demise...

AIRC, Phil Griffith sold the company to another machine shop owner. The "FNG" put it in the toilet w/ $hitty service. deliveries when they had enough orders to make it worth while, a nasty biatch on the fone, all contributed to it's demise...
damn there is a true OLD timers answer. is this Chuck typing this, or is it his HOT little nursing home nurse? I wana know!

:cool:

Attachments

• ATR AND DANTE JAZZ VIDEO 010.jpg
    ATR AND DANTE JAZZ VIDEO 010.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 736
  • ATR AND DANTE JAZZ VIDEO 006.jpg
    ATR AND DANTE JAZZ VIDEO 006.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 723
I seem to remember a very very long Turbo warranty thread regarding ATR and Phil back before the big crash. :eek:

It made the words "oil contamination" obsolete. :biggrin:

Ah, those were the good old days. ;)

Gone, but not forgotten. Plenty of high quality parts that in some ways set the standard for TR aftermarket performance parts to this day. I wish they hadn't fallen on hard times, for sure. Never met the folks in person, just spoke with them on the phone. Rudy.

I really liked getting that catalog.... :smile: Back In 01 , 02 or so is when I took a Long break from the GN's.....:( , About a year ago,, I remember asking a board member if ATR might have the part I was looking for...... He said.........:confused::confused::confused:.. LOL.... Getting a little Old... Sneeks up on a guy really Quick....;)

I can remember attending the 98 National's, arriving at the track and the ATR crew handing out their catalogs as people were driving in.

atr

I still think that they made the best exhaust systems and headers on the planet. They weren't exactly perfect on the headers ( spark plug clearance) but I will take a set of twin stage 2 headers and a 3 inch exhaust now. Hey, I wonder what happened to the workers from their location. They built so many parts they can probably do it in their sleep.

I still think that they made the best exhaust systems and headers on the planet. They weren't exactly perfect on the headers ( spark plug clearance) but I will take a set of twin stage 2 headers and a 3 inch exhaust now. Hey, I wonder what happened to the workers from their location. They built so many parts they can probably do it in their sleep.

I agree on the exhasut. I have the the 2.5 SS system with Pitbull mufflers. The BEST sounding mufflers for a TR...Period! But thats a whole other discussion....:D

I've got a few ATR parts and still have their old catalog.
It's a shame they went away, they made some good parts.

Those pit bull muffs were great.

here's the ATR catalogs I could find so far...

Attachments

• catalogs ATR sm.jpg
    catalogs ATR sm.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 501
and what about these guys? I have more!

Attachments

• catalogs misc sm.jpg
    catalogs misc sm.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 490
couple more. It would be neat to see some of the really big collections. I know there are some of you guys that have all this stuff plus more.

Attachments

• catalogs misc2 sm.jpg
    catalogs misc2 sm.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 461