What ET or HP have guys made w/stock throttle body?

Just as the title says, what is the best ET or HP has anyone done or made w/stock throttle body?
Just curious.

Or when is the stock throttle body a restriction ,what ET or HP level?
Stock TB is 60 or 65 MM? or smaller?

Thanks guys.:cool:

The stock TB is 57mm. I ran 10.20@134 with a 106mph 1/8 mile with the stocker. I ran 109 in the 1/8 earlier with the stocker. I run a 70mm now for the looks. I know of a car going LOW 9's@150+ with a stocker.

Thanks guys,
so it seems that a 57 MM TB is not much of a restriction?

When switching to a say 70 MM or bigger TB, is TB tip-in a problem when tuning?
Off idle transitioning of the TB? Hope that makes sense.
:cool:

Or when is the stock throttle body a restriction ,what ET or HP level?
Stock TB is 60 or 65 MM? or smaller?

Thanks guys.:cool:

What would make a stock TB the limitation is not e.t. or hp/tq. Its the size of the engine and the rpm. 231ci and less than 5700 rpm you will gain nothing with a larger TB.

Ok,
so @ what point do guys switch to a larger throttle body?
4.1 liter,great flowing heads 320 CFM @ .600 lift, etc. Turns 7000 RPM
What TB would be a good size for that?

Thanks

What would make a stock TB the limitation is not e.t. or hp/tq. Its the size of the engine and the rpm. 231ci and less than 5700 rpm you will gain nothing with a larger TB.

So what kind of difference would a 70mm or larger make on my combo shifted at 6200-6400. Would it be minimal or a noticeable gain for the money spent?
Thanks
Bryan

So what kind of difference would a 70mm or larger make on my combo shifted at 6200-6400. Would it be minimal or a noticeable gain for the money spent?
Thanks
Bryan

Not much gain unless you were working the turbo to the limit where it couldnt make any more boost. You would have a slight pressure drop as the air flows through the TB. As mentioned above a 70mm would easily cover a 252ci@7000 rpm on a blow through application.

What be the drawback if any, if going to a 75 MM TB,Tip in tunning ,off idle transitioning? or?
Thanks.:cool:
Not much gain unless you were working the turbo to the limit where it couldnt make any more boost. You would have a slight pressure drop as the air flows through the TB. As mentioned above a 70mm would easily cover a 252ci@7000 rpm on a blow through application.