What did you do to your GN today?

Went and looked at it in the body shop. What was supposed to be a 4-8 week job has turned into 6 months.
Although it looks good so far it has sat idle more than it has been worked on and I've seen cars float in and out while mine sits for weeks without being touched!!!
I've been patient long enough.
Not to mention everytime I go there I see what looks like nitto drag radial marking on the pavement which looks like someone at one point did a couple of burnouts.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 109
Replaced both original window motors. Used the remand units from my local parts store...what a huge difference. Much faster.

Found one of my front speakers has a hole so now I'm replacing those too...
IMG_1572.jpg
IMG_1587.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1586.jpg
    IMG_1586.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 96
Finished cutting out the trashed speaker wiring on the 87T..
Wrong connectors, 1 was twisted on the pass rear speaker.
They broke the ft grille, used the wrong screws, and generally made a total disaster of the install.:mad:
Some rednecks should not be allowed to own a nice car..Waay too easy for them to trash it.:rolleyes:
Most likely, their IQ matches their hat size.

Had Gn fully polished out , and new hotter plugs and changed oil , putting away for winter :)

Thanks. It's the only panel on this car that looks good, LOL but hey you gotta start somewhere. ;)

Tightened the fuel line that feeds the fuel regulator after smelling gas and seeing a good sized leak when i got out of the TR.

I inspecting under the hood i found the nut almost all the way off.

Not sure what happened but i snugged it up and will keep an eye on it.

Disaster averted.

D

Finally got the energy to get some work done today. Removed the seats , console, shifter and carpet. I bought a new carpet from HighwayStars. I also got the transmission installed, cross member pressure washed, primed, painted and installed. Car is being put back stock to be sold.

Like EVIL, I fired the 87 t top up and noticed the fuel pressure was about 7 pounds low, popped the hood and the braided line with a 90 on the end coming into the fuel rail was leaking like crazy. I replaced it with a "U" shaped one. On the hardtop I replaced the paper fuel filter element with a stainless one in an SX Performance setup.

MDavis, don't feel too bad, my car went to the body shop, I had arranged to have the car bead blasted down to bare metal and they allowed me to start stripping the car. Their bead blaster broke and I got the story about how much it costs to fix it. Long story short, they were stacking parts and stuff on it, they moved it outside in a temporary storage, in the shop one day outside for two weeks. They moved everything next door to a bigger shop, everything was supposed to be bigger ,better, faster. Let my finaces settle from the move and we will jump back on your car.Huh??? Nothing had be touched by any body man in their shop, there isn't a sanding mark from any piece of sand paper on my car. 2 months later this shop is too expensive and we're moving a few miles down the road, do you want us to tow it for you? Heck no.......... I 'll just come and get it. I reinstalled the doors and put all my bumpers and lights back in the same day and drove it back home. It sat for almost 1.5 yrs there. I wish everything was painted and I needed to just assemble it, that would have been heaven.

Oh man that sucks rag231 sorry to hear about that . Hope you find a better shop to get her back on track .

Started replacing my worn out carrier bearings and shims. My OEM shims were actually worn out causing the preload on the bearings to disappear and causing the backlash to increase. Ordered some new carrier bearings and shim pack from Randy's ring and pinion...

Cleaned everything up, installed just fine....

Sunday, finish up with the axle bearings and seals and new axles.

Below is the worn out OEM shim. Notice the outer section is worn from the race of the bearing.

IMG_1597.JPG

My new Moser axles...
IMG_1581.JPG

Putting the final touches on my recent garage re-make project that I started in the summer.
Still have to get rid of some clutter & install another hanging shelf, tire rack on the wall and some trim work, but she's tucked in & nice N warm for the cold winter ahead!

Attachments

• garage5.jpg
    garage5.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 149
  • garage6.jpg
    garage6.jpg
    705.5 KB · Views: 149
  • garage8.jpg
    garage8.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 141
  • garage11.jpg
    garage11.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 141
In the post above it shows what my dash/speedometer will look like when i finish wiring it up.I added 2 strips of 5 Leds each to the speedometer panel tonight so i could see it better.(y) The double sided tape that is supplied for the strips really sucked so i threw them away and used Permatex Right Stuff RTV just a couple of small dabs on each strip, it worked like a charm as always when i use it on things.

I'm trying to get some gauges and other wiring done before it gets too cold to work in the garage.

That picture is not mine i got it from the thread that gave me the idea to install them from.

The 2 strips of 5 Leds cost me $15.00 off ebay and i had to buy an inline fuse holder for a 2 amp fuse for the install. The Led strips are available from Autozone but they are about $25.00 now instead of the $15.00 price mentioned in the thread below.

Here is the thread that tells you how to install the LED light strips if you are interested.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/dash-light-replacement.317672

Last edited:
Successfully removed 7 of 10 body bolts from my northeast car ... pb blaster still soaking on the others.

Slow going..

I just finished wiring up the Led strips for the gauge cluster / speedometer that i was referring to in the posts above and did the op test on them with the lights turned off in the garage.

They sure are bright and makes a world of difference for such a low cost for the Led strips.

I was going to replace all the bulbs in the gauge cluster / speedometer display with Led bulbs but this was much easier than taking the whole thing out. Now only if there were some gauges there to see other than the 145 mph speedometer i bought from Kirbans years ago.

Highly recommend doing this for everyone you won't be disappointed.

Here is the ebay item number for the Led strips the total cost is just under $15.00 with shipping costs added in. 351543378830

Last edited: