What did you do to your GN today?

Installed a catch can for the PCV valve. As an added bonus, I found out the original vac hose going to the PCV valve was cracked.

I put new intermediate exhaust pipes as mine were severally rusted even though the car has 13K miles on it.
I had been patching the holes with muffler bandages and hose clamps for years.
I chose to keep the exhaust as close to stock as possible. I do miss the rumble and I think the car is a bit less peppy.
But I kinda like how quiet it is. It still has the original muffler and tail pipes.
BTW, there is a guy on Ebay trying to sell a 5k car, original exhaust system for $2999.
If mine rotted this bad after 13k, I don't think the 5K system is that long for this world.
The last picture is the after market pipes installed.

Attachments

• HPIM0990.JPG
    HPIM0990.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 190
  • HPIM0989.JPG
    HPIM0989.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 209
  • HPIM0991.JPG
    HPIM0991.JPG
    311.2 KB · Views: 210
  • HPIM0992.JPG
    HPIM0992.JPG
    317 KB · Views: 207
  • HPIM0993.JPG
    HPIM0993.JPG
    358.1 KB · Views: 211
image.jpg
image.jpg
Here's my new part I made. The cruise servo has always drove me crazy for being ugly so I fixed it.

Lets see. Put in a new torque converter, flushed the transmission and changed the filter, added hyguard, and replaced the front bumper fillers.

Removed stock ported headers,3 inch downpipe, Scan master Power logger, stock computer, plx wide band front core support.

I put new intermediate exhaust pipes as mine were severally rusted even though the car has 13K miles on it.
I had been patching the holes with muffler bandages and hose clamps for years.
I chose to keep the exhaust as close to stock as possible. I do miss the rumble and I think the car is a bit less peppy.
But I kinda like how quiet it is. It still has the original muffler and tail pipes.
BTW, there is a guy on Ebay trying to sell a 5k car, original exhaust system for $2999.
If mine rotted this bad after 13k, I don't think the 5K system is that long for this world.
The last picture is the after market pipes installed.
Mine has the stock 130k mile exhaust on it. It does have a test pipe with a cutout for track outings . If it is worth half that asking price I'd sell it.

I put a water pump on this am . The stock one was dropping coolant out the weep hole. It went 130k or so. I think I got my money's worth out of it. We put a new to us set of 42lb injectors in and replaced a bunch of vacuum line. You know, the old stuff just crumbled when you touched it. It runs much better. Oh we changed the oil and filter too. It is time for a fuel filter but I didn't remember to pick one up.
One of the stockers was a little worse for wear.

Oh and swapped in a matching tt chip for the injectors. Replaced my old standby Kenny D piece.

Running superbly. Ready for some tires so we can make an outing to the track.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Took my big M&H DRs off of it, drove it 150 miles to the MAGNA meet, after running a 11.1 yesterday. Not bad.

Took the battery out and brought it inside. Put it on charge for a little while to ensure it has a full charge to be ready in 4 or 5 months to put back in.

Said good night to the little monster until spring when it warms up.

Finally got my fuel pressure transducer to read on the PowerLogger. Its works when its hooked up properly! LOL! Had the signal going to the ground on the analog board of the PL. All fixed now. Getting 68psi of fuel pressure at 25psi of boost, so I know my pump can keep up.

LOL. She's not real happy about it. But she likes the car as much as I do so she puts up with it.

Finally got my fuel pressure transducer to read on the PowerLogger. Its works when its hooked up properly! LOL! Had the signal going to the ground on the analog board of the PL. All fixed now. Getting 68psi of fuel pressure at 25psi of boost, so I know my pump can keep up.

Hehe, I did the same thing. While I did look at the Powerlogger analog block instructions somehow between my laptop and the car things went sideways. The whole I4 mapping to input 5 was apparently too much for my short term memory to handle.

Last edited: