What did you do to your GN today?

I had the fuel filter changed out, replaced the old fram g3727 filter with a new g3727 filter. It needed to be done to prevent any chance of fuel starving down the road, didn't feel like having something go boom that a restricted old filter can cause and then spend alot more than 16 bucks to get fixed. Preventative measures always are good to conduct on these TR's and keep them relatively problem free.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I hung the new stainless fuel tank straps in preparation to installing the fuel tank. I just received my fuel pump hot wire kit from Casper's Electronics and that'll go in tonight and then the tank will go in.

I had the fuel filter changed out, replaced the old fram g3727 filter with a new g3727 filter. It needed to be done to prevent any chance of fuel starving down the road, didn't feel like having something go boom that a restricted old filter can cause and then spend alot more than 16 bucks to get fixed. Preventative measures always are good to conduct on these TR's and keep them relatively problem free.

Agreed. People ask all the time how I put so many miles on my car and it's by doing like you say, and doing all scheduled maintenance before something breaks. Fuel filters are supposed to be replaced every 12mo/12k miles. Since most don't drive them much, they think the fuel filter is good. Nope, still every 12mos. Good work. I just make sure I get the miles out of mine within that 12mo window. Sorry for the rant.

It's cool man, if i drove 12k miles a year i probably couldn't of squeezed 2 years out of it like i got lucky to do since i put a tad bit less than that on it a year.
I don't plan on trying to stretch that far again, don't want to push my luck.
Especially since i managed to of put nearly 27,000 miles on the engine that had been rebuilt back in may or aug of 2010 and since i got the car 4 years ago.
Kind of like to keep her purring alot longer.

Last edited:
Cool deal Nasty Wendy, you will finally be able to enjoy that car that got resurrected thanks to a bunch of the awesome members on here. Hope it keeps putting a smile on your face for years to come :D

Not finished but drop spindles and new breaks..

Attachments

• 1415231620819.jpg
    1415231620819.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 136
Hooked up the battery tender and put the cover on my '87 Turbo T. That pretty much takes care of this year!

Well last weekend i installed my new lower door seal from Gbody, also replaced my rear DSE shocks with QA1 single adjustables...

image.jpg
I installed my air bags in the rear springs and made a little bracket for the fill nozzles and to tie down my filler neck also.

Ignore he dirt I live on gravel.

Mine just got compounded , polished , and sealed for BOP show this Saturday at atco , bring those turbo buicks out gonna be a nice day and it was packed last year .

Agreed. People ask all the time how I put so many miles on my car and it's by doing like you say, and doing all scheduled maintenance before something breaks. Fuel filters are supposed to be replaced every 12mo/12k miles. Since most don't drive them much, they think the fuel filter is good. Nope, still every 12mos. Good work. I just make sure I get the miles out of mine within that 12mo window. Sorry for the rant.

Honestly, most cars get like 5 years out of their fuel filters. And, I've NEVER seen a replacement fuel filter fix one problem. Why TR's (NOT the only turbo car on the planet) think they need to change their oil every 2000 miles, fuel filters every year, trans fluid every year, brake pads every 20 minutes etc. is beyond me. Why does every other car on the planet have triple our maintenance interval schedules? lol. What are you guys doing to your Buicks???

At any rate I installed stock rear springs, and painted my yellow Bilsteins black, so they don't stick out as a modded feature. :)

Honestly, most cars get like 5 years out of their fuel filters. And, I've NEVER seen a replacement fuel filter fix one problem. Why TR's (NOT the only turbo car on the planet) think they need to change their oil every 2000 miles, fuel filters every year, trans fluid every year, brake pads every 20 minutes etc. is beyond me. Why does every other car on the planet have triple our maintenance interval schedules? lol. What are you guys doing to your Buicks???

At any rate I installed stock rear springs, and painted my yellow Bilsteins black, so they don't stick out as a modded feature. :)

12mo/12k mile is the GM spec. Most new cars don't even have a serviceable filter. Not a fair comparison. And those running a fuel filter for 5 years probably aren't driving much and most likely are not racing either. Fuel filter may not fix anything but it'll save your head gaskets if you do race a lot. It really depends on how you use yours.

And I like to ride mine extra hard like the dirty bird she is :)

My car was starting to run rough at times and sometimes was hard to start on the first try after i had shut her off for alittle bit. After i changed it she was a very happy car and starts up easy 1st try anytime. :)