What converter

russ87gn

I have a 109 with ported irons 212 212 cam with a turbonetics bb66 I have a ptc 10 inch 3000 stall it was good with a te44 but with the new turbo it doesnt spool up out of the hole very good.I'm going to get the trans freshened up so I thought it would be a good time for a converter. I'm looking at a ptc 9.5 what stall speed with that be?also I have a non lock up now. Should I keep that or go with a lock up? I really want to get a high ten sec time slip even if it's a 10.99

This thread probably needs to be in transmission talk to get a good answer , but I suggest you contact Dusty Bradford as he would be the one to tell you what kind of converter you need , he is on the board

I've got similar engine mods and have a 9" nl. Very happy with it.

I have a 109 with ported irons 212 212 cam with a turbonetics bb66 I have a ptc 10 inch 3000 stall it was good with a te44 but with the new turbo it doesnt spool up out of the hole very good.I'm going to get the trans freshened up so I thought it would be a good time for a converter. I'm looking at a ptc 9.5 what stall speed with that be?also I have a non lock up now. Should I keep that or go with a lock up? I really want to get a high ten sec time slip even if it's a 10.99

Those 66mm T-netics are fairly lazy compared to the newer 62's and 64's that are available now. I can restall your current converter for another 400 rpm to help spool but it will have a good bit of slip to run 10's. The 9.5 can be built to improve spool without giving up efficiency. Stall will still be around 3200 but the responsiveness and slip is better.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

turbonetics bb66
which ex housing and turbine wheel do you have?you could try swapping out ex housings if you have the larger .82 one to a smaller .63 if you are using the ptrim/65f1 turbine, the tnetics .63 ex housing on a ptrim/65f1 turbine wheel will give you the fastest possible spool.

To be honest I don't know what housing I have I'll have to look into it I'm Def going with a 9.5 converter hopefully that will help