what brand header is this?

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Anybody recognize this header design?
If so, do you know if a standard THDP (designed for stock headers), will clear them??

Thanks.

Those almost look like ATRs, but not quite, the crossover especially looks kinda strange. Almost look like Kenne bells old headers (which were close to ATRs) And if they are ATRs, a standard THDP will not fit without a few dents. Even my ATR DP was very very close and i had to put a few dents in it.

Look like ATRs to me also. The crossover looks funny because most people weld them. The ones pictured look like they were coated with the band clamp in place. My ATRs would not work with a standard THDP.

Hmmmm???? agreements that they're ATR design, but no agreement on whether a THDP will fit. :(

Dave, where'd the pic come from?
They look like a set of ATR headers I just got coated

I have ATR headers on both my cars and those look close but not exact...as someone stated the crossover doesn't look the same...also the pass side header is quite different than the ones I have...it was also stated that they may be the old Kenne Bell headers which may be true...as for THDP I know the standard one won't fit without modifications but they do make one specifically for the ATR headers...I'll try to attach a pic of the ATR headers from their website...take a look at the pass side header...

Attachments

• atrheaders.jpg
    atrheaders.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 318
MSDGN said:
I have ATR headers on both my cars and those look close but not exact...as someone stated the crossover doesn't look the same...also the pass side header is quite different than the ones I have...it was also stated that they may be the old Kenne Bell headers which may be true...as for THDP I know the standard one won't fit without modifications but they do make one specifically for the ATR headers...I'll try to attach a pic of the ATR headers from their website...take a look at the pass side header...

I think you're right. The picture I posted is obviously a LOT different than the ATR picture you posted. The only commonality seems to be the joint flanges.
I can't imagine the picture I posted being KB headers. I've never seen anything that nicely designed come from Kenne Bell. But I could be wrong.

those look like berhead(sp?) headers. i think otto had aset he got from dick kerney. nick would also know.

Those look like the set of headers that Nick Micale is going to be or are now selling. Nick had a set sent in for the Nats and they were at RJC's booth. If I remember right, the mild steel were $695 and the stainless were $995.

Thanks
John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
10.31@130

My THDP is a no hassel fit on my ATR headers..........'course it was made to fit ATR headers.......I got mine from Agressive.........If you have ATR headers you need to tell them and they will get them to you within a week or so..... :D

They look like bell headers. Red armstrong had kenne-bell headers on the gn at the nats. He had said they were the best out there. If you go to nicks site you will see the burhead copys are more of a log style header.

Header I.D.

They look like first design Terry Houston headers. The wide Y at the collector and also if it has very tight flanges would also indicate this. Just a thought,why upgrade headers and use a stock down pipe.

FYI, a "regular" THDP will NOT fit on ATR headers......they make one that will, but it is different

Kb

These are Kenne Bell Headers. My brother and I run these headers, I have them on my 87 GN, he has them on his 88 Z/28. I ordered every downpipe known to man to fit an ATR header for a 87 GN and NONE of them fit. THEN I learned that they were Kenne Bell headers. The crossover clamp hit the bottom, the A/C box heat shield rubbed the top of every downpipe and I finally had to fab one up to work. While Alan's engine was on the engine stand, we tired bolting varius downpipes that were suppose to fit ATR headers, but also didnt work. I could only get 1 bolt to fit from the flange to the turbo housing because the downpipe was hitting the crossover pipe on hin headers too. So FAST FORWARD MOTORSPORTS in Arkansas custom made a 3 1/2 inch dp for my car. It is AWESOME! No doubt that they are awesome headers, but downpipe clearances will be an issue.

Jason

If your running a 3'' downpipe, a TH downpipe will work as long as you get the right version.
There are 2 versions, 1 for stock headers and one for KB or ATR.

If you go with a 3.5'' dp, you will have to modify it or build from scratch.

FYI. :)

V6gofast said:
They look like first design Terry Houston headers. The wide Y at the collector and also if it has very tight flanges would also indicate this. Just a thought,why upgrade headers and use a stock down pipe.

Never seen the first design of TH's headers but here's a pic of the TH headers I have
IM

Attachments

• ds header.jpg
    ds header.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 106
  • ps header.jpg
    ps header.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 95