What are these connectors for?

johnpbf

I was reading up on how to test the fuel pump by jumping a wire from the positive terminal on the back of the alternator with a black connector behind the A/C pump and I think I found the black connector. But there was also a green connector that has some black paint on it real close to the black one, they look like they belong together.

I also found a brown connector all alone just laying there by the fuel pump relay.

Lastly, I found two black connectors that look like they belong together just coming up out of the passenger side firewall corner. Weird.

Pictures added.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2605.JPG
    IMG_2605.JPG
    846.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2608.JPG
    IMG_2608.JPG
    903.4 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2607.JPG
    IMG_2607.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 208
the green behind alternator is for tach ..DO NOT CONNECT IT TO THE FUEL PRIME PLUG!

the brown plug is for digital dash cars which used a hobbs switch for the boost lamp ..it stays unplugged on analog dash cars

the last plugs by firewall are for the power antenna and most likely unplugged because the mast cord is broken and it will run the motor forever if connected

Reactions: Pwt
the green behind alternator is for tach ..DO NOT CONNECT IT TO THE FUEL PRIME PLUG!

the brown plug is for digital dash cars which used a hobbs switch for the boost lamp ..it stays unplugged on analog dash cars

the last plugs by firewall are for the power antenna and most likely unplugged because the mast cord is broken and it will run the motor forever if connected
Agreed on the last part regarding power antenna. The antenna motor on my car keeps running forever until I disconnect the plug.

The pic below is driver side valve cover area... What is the single yellow (butt spliced connector---was already like that when I bought the car years ago) and black plug for?
84bd2450becae0dbe865f82d355d0887.jpg

Red plug is/was for the vapor canister solenoid. I think the black is a test plug for fuel pump? but not sure so get a confirmation on that.

Black connector (notched) looks like it's for the "HOT" dash lamp, switch on front of intake.
Yellow wire could be the coolant temp wire. That's about the only yellow wire in the harness at that point.