What 1/4 should I run at the track?

TurboPtom

Been itching to know since I got the car back from its rebuild but I haven't had the time to go.... YET. :biggrin:

87 Daily Driver Gn: Newly Rebuilt Engine and Tranny to stock quality. TA-49, Dutt Neck, Hot Wire, 60 lb inj, adj FP reg, TT 93 chip, Maf Trans + homemade intake. 18 psi @ 93 oct. Stock suspension, Stock Converter, Stock headers/downpipe/exhaust.

Car holds well with 215's at 4lb launch. (I know they are tiny. :redface: )

Thing is, I promised a bud of mine who owns a 2007 stock GT-500 he would get the first race. He has never been able to launch the car right and he got a 14.4 on his first try. :eek:

Think I have a chance against him if he gets near the rated 1/4 time for his car?

I think it could be damn close.

Good short time and I would say a mid to low 12 is in your combo. Some have gotten to the upper 11's with less injector.

If you only run 18#, 93 octane, and 215 tires you will be doing well to get mid 13's. I hope you don't have any money on this race. :)

Good short time and I would say a mid to low 12 is in your combo. Some have gotten to the upper 11's with less injector.

I think with drag radials and race gas this is definately possible. Cant wait to try that out. :cool:

If you only run 18#, 93 octane, and 215 tires you will be doing well to get mid 13's. I hope you don't have any money on this race. :)

No money on this race, we both are struggling with that anyway. :eek:

I think if I played my cards right I could hit low 13's or the tip of 12's. But of course that is just positive thinking. :biggrin:

A long time ago when I was running a combo like yours, my best run was 12.91@109. I was running race gas, 20 something boost, Red Armstrong chip and Kelly Springfield (235-60/15) street tires with a 2.193 60'.

My first t-type back in 1992:

ta-49
36# inj(green stripes maybe)
3" DP
gutted converter
dutt. neck IC
19 psi(104 octane booster from Autozone:eek: )
No scanmaster(actually young and stupid...no idea really what was going on at all) Beginners luck at the track maybe:confused:

Sticky tires(forgot what brand)
1.65 sixty foot
12.15@106

Didnt make any mph but it sure left hard.