How much boost should I be able to run on these up-grades ?

IMG_1485.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG

thats kirbans maf pipe and k and n filter ill shoot you the details tomorrow on the air filter I got
the maf sensor is from Eric and have to look back at which hoses and clamps I found think they are kps still orange and black

I don't see a power plate listed. That may help a little.

im on the fence about putting power plate on read a lot of different opinions on it
do you run one pronto

earl brown also has a chrome looking 3 inch maf pipe that fits a little better

93 pump gas
About 15 lbs is all I can get without any knock , I thought for sure with outside temps below 50 I should be able to run close to 18 lbs
nope usually in the colder temps more volume but it depends on timing as well.intake charge temps are a big deal as well.

93 pump gas
About 15 lbs
if you value not hurting the car i will tell you to not push beyond this without octane.not all 93 is the same and detonation is easily controlled with alky kits,e85,or race gas.it is easy to hurt the car on pump gas

With an Extender extreme chip LT1 MAF and a gen ll translator I was able to get 17lbs without KR. Ran that way for years.

As stated before if you really want to make some decent power safely then u should add alky . There is a big difference between 15lbs and 20-23lbs . With alky you can safely turn the boost up .

Hey Guys , Thanks for all the input , I am running an RJC plate , I forgot to mention that and on the same note about the plate We was in Bowling Green last year and seen Jason ( RJC ) show us how the plate works . He had a plenum intake and set of heads with a bad ass leaf blower . With the plate off you could tell how much air come out the back of the heads vs front of the heads . He installed the plate and WOW how evenly the air was flowing . It sold me on the spot .

I just took the car for a spin and 1st gear pull ( no spinning the tires ) was 789mv @ 0.0 Knock HAPPY , 3rd gear pull 812mv @ 2.8 Knock SAD . So do I take some fuel out with the scan master in 3&4 gear ? I have read about taking some timing but I'm a little scared to do so because of my lack of knowledge about timing .

I would pull 1 degree and if you still see any knock pull 1 more degree in 3/4. Old school was lower timing and higher boost. Then alky became popular. It might not be any faster with more boost and less timing. Guess you don’t know until you try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave fuel alone. I agree pull 1 deg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you Scott , Beige86T just text me and said the same thing so I'm bout to work on her . Thanks Guys

Pulled a degree , 122 on the scan master , 3rd gear pull still had knock , 1.9 , but the MV was 797 and 1st gear pull was 0.9 at 776 mv . May back the Boost back a full round , back to maybe 14 lbs and start again .

3rd gear pull 812mv @ 2.8 Knock S
This is exactly why I posted about pushing things.see you have volume with 812 but knock is recorded because you dont have enough octane.so you would have to pull timing around equivalent of knock and that's just for that pull as you drive more and intake charge temps rise on a street car knock may reappear.