West Coast nats Event info

Race Jace

Research, New Tech and Development
Staff member
I was chatting with nick the other day and wanted to post as to what i understand is going to happen. please correct me if i am wrong on anything.

there will be 5 classes with $20 enterance fee for each class that will go 100% to the payouts in each class.
classes;
TSM (must follow TSM rules)
HU stock block (109 block anything goes in this class must be a street car)
HU stage block (any block anything goes in this class must be a street car)
11.50 and slower bracket class
11.50 and faster bracket class

We will be able to race on friday all day. one round of qualifying for TSM HU109B and HUStageB

saturday will be eliminations for all classes, they should be structured so you can race more than one class if you pay enterance for each one.

sunday gamblers race.

Jan is the race director.

is this all correct?

What if you're not running in any of the classes...just there to meet some people...make some T&T runs and have fun...I assume that can be done Friday but what about Saturday?

My understanding is there was going to be a 11.50 index class as well. What's up with the HU 109 class? Did they invent that because they felt sorry for me? Otherwise it will probably be the same cars.

if you are just running T&T then you will only have to pay the track enterance (around $20)

I think those that are legal for TSM will run TSM and then run the stock block HU then run the bracket. 3 chances to win.

More than one bracket class.........

Jason's info is all good but I think there are plans to expand the bracket classes?

Depending on the turn-out of race cars, there could be 3 bracket classes, not just a 11.50 and faster.

The 11.50 index class is "sorta" a bracket race. It is an index class race, which in our defination is you run heads up, and the first one to the finish line wins. Run faster than 11.50 on the clock, you lose!

As the event race director, Jan will have to confirm what he can at this point as far as scheduled race event times and exact classes.

Jan did tell me that he wants to schedule qualifying and eliminations so racers can participate in more than one class. Of course, as Jason stated, you must pay to run each class as this is the major $$$ source for the payouts.

All are welcome to join the event for a $20 track entry fee for car and driver each day, or you can also pay for 2 or 3 days up front [spectator fee is $10 per day]. If you do not compete within the Buick event, there is no extra $$ charge to make time runs each day.

Race Classes

At this time the planned classes are as follows.

TSM (same as HU 109 block)

Heads Up Stage Block, (Stock Style suspension, no big tire cars or back half)

11.50 Index class (just like Nick explained, any turbo car allowed)

Three brackets
11.99 and slower bracket
10.99 to 11.99
10.99 and faster

Or Two brackets

12.00 and slower
11.99 and faster

I am willing to do it either way, give me some input.

Sunday we can have some gambler type races if any one is interested, Bracket style.

Any Buick is invited to run T&T on any of the event days, track fee is required.

I would like to allow everyone to run as many classes as possible, so we will try to schedule the event accordingly.

There is a $20 fee for each class run. Payout to first and second place.
Track fee is $20 per day per car
Spectator fee is $10 per day per person, 12 and under are free.

I don't know if Tshirts will be available, We will have to see if Len has an answer. :D

In order to have a successful event that will continue every year. It seems like we need a "go to guy" for this event. Someone who will grab the bull by the horns and be the organizer. It would probably be better if it was a local Phoenix guy.

This is what he would need to do.
#1 Find a host hotel, call them and make sure they will accommodate us, make sure there is secure adequate parking, ask them if they will offer a group discount for the buick crowd.
#2 organize the race program. Determine the classes schedule the events and make sure there are trophies or plaques to hand out for the winners.
#3 maybe organize some kind of social gathering after the track closes. This could be at any local resturant or lounge, it would be nicer if we had a room all to ourselves like GNTType used to do at the GSNats.
#4 handle all the promotion stuff. This includes an information websight, t-shirts, and all that stuff.
#5 have a event booth at the event. someplace everyone could go to, to find out what was going on.

Nick has kinda been doing this but i don't think he wants to. Len i don't think wants to either. I simply do not have time to do it this year. these jobs can be delegated but someone needs to be in charge of making sure they get taken care of.

What do you all think?

Race Jace said:
In order to have a successful event that will continue every year. It seems like we need a "go to guy" for this event. Someone who will grab the bull by the horns and be the organizer. It would probably be better if it was a local Phoenix guy.

Nick has kinda been doing this but i don't think he wants to. Len i don't think wants to either. I simply do not have time to do it this year. these jobs can be delegated but someone needs to be in charge of making sure they get taken care of.

What do you all think?

Sounds great anyone out there interested. Too many commitments for me. We had a group of individuals that said that they would help with the event but so far everyone has backed out on thier promises, had other things come up, or lost interest. It's too bad because I think this could be a great event.

Anyone
Bueler
Anyone

Race Jace said:

This is what he would need to do.
#................................
.......................What do you all think?

OK Jason, I will tell you what I think.! :)

First, no reason it has to be a "Phoenix" guy [or gal!]. As I recall, I was part of a Buick event/race in Indy, and neither John or I are from there.

Second, lots of the other items on your list do not require "Phoenix" people to head up those tasks.

Personally, I have been involved with Buick events and races around the country for many years and enjoyed organizing, helping and whatever else was needed to make it as fun as possible. Now there is finally a GREAT Buick race at my home track, my car is running better than ever, and I want to enjoy racing for a change. :biggrin:

I will still help as much as possible, but it is time for others to stand up and pitch in to help organize and run this event if we are to continue to have a Buick event on this coast.

Well put
I too will help as much as possable.

we still need a main man...

You guys mind if a Toyota attends? :biggrin: Thought it'd be a good idea to ask before I book a room..

Chevota said:
You guys mind if a Toyota attends? :biggrin: Thought it'd be a good idea to ask before I book a room..

All are welcome.

Race Jace said:
Well put
I too will help as much as possable.

we still need a main man...
i am the man. i am doing all that i can. i am open to all idea's. Len

LV GN said:
i am the man. i am doing all that i can. i am open to all idea's. Len

Len,

Is the new motor going to be done?
I talked to the Mrs. and it sounded like there was a long way to go?

John Wilde said:
Len,

Is the new motor going to be done?
I talked to the Mrs. and it sounded like there was a long way to go?
we are hoping it will be. it was at the chassis shop a little longer then we thought and im missing the buick/ford shot out in OK and reynols this year. the car is at kenny's and we just have to cross our fingers. good work takes time and when it comes out again it will be worth the wait! :)

LV GN said:
we are hoping it will be. it was at the chassis shop a little longer then we thought and im missing the buick/ford shot out in OK and reynols this year. the car is at kenny's and we just have to cross our fingers. good work takes time and when it comes out again it will be worth the wait! :)

Len I am excited about your car and Shawn's new project.
You both are too fast for me!