Went to "Cooters" radiator shop and this happened!

Busyman

[BAD HBT 6]
Well, after explaining how much I value my car, I dropped my radiator off at the local radiator shop. They did weld the minor leak but jacked up everything else. I have a Flex I lite fan and they spilled acid all over it. Now permanently stained. They also broke off some of the safety cage over 1 of the fans. The question I have is about the pic below. I can't remember what this looked like when I removed it, however...... Should I replace this or do you guys have any other suggestions. Im not even sure exactly what it does or where I can buy a replacement from. I would also like to buy a new cage for the whole unit. I did search on the forums but confused myself even more. Kind like the radiator guys, twiddle dee and twiddle dumb.
Thanks in advance,

Busyman
IMG_1802.jpg

it is the resister that gives your fan two speeds. take it off and it will be on high all the time.

So im assuming that High is both fans on all the time.

Where can I find replacement parts for this unit?

I'm confused, if you dropped the radiator off to have a hole soldered why did you leave the fan on it? Like the other poster said, that's for second fan. A replacement should be available you just got to mine their website.

tell the owner of the radiator shop that you want the fans to look like they did when you dropped it off and let them worry about finding the parts..

I'm confused, if you dropped the radiator off to have a hole soldered why did you leave the fan on it? Like the other poster said, that's for second fan. A replacement should be available you just got to mine their website.

Pronto- I left the fans on because they said they were able to work around it. I should of known better. Also they told me that the nylon bolts that hold it on can only be removed by breaking them off.
I did go to the Flex I Lite website. Slightly confusing, I cannot even find a model number on my fan. So short of calling them I kept hitting dead ends.

Send an email to them with fan part number and see what they say.

Update- This is the hardest company in the world to get ahold of . I almost don't want the fan anymore. I tried every phone extension, no answer. Emails no answer. Maybe there building (and them) blew away. lol
Since I am going to be buying a whole new shroud assembly anyway, I might just get a whole new fan set up. So do you guys know of any other dealers I can purchase from, preferably someone who is there and answers there phone, and is a supporting vendor.

Thanks,

Busyman

OK they did call me back. Actually, I think the whole company called me back. lol They were actually very polite and pleasant to deal with. I guess it was just a phone # issue on there web site. No biggie. They said that they had the whole shroud and would UPS it to me for a total of 28 bucks. That was pretty cool of them. BTW the fan model number is a 210.