Well we are finally started.....Phoenix Project aka...

Bob, if I lived closer, I'd be over there to visit probably more than you'd wish! Good job and congrats on the forward progress! Gotta love projects that you enjoy! Beer and car parts! Life is good!

X2!! Lookin good Bob!!;)

Whadayathink Jeremy?
Can't forget women in there - They mighta been the reason I turned into a chocolate mess a couple times along the way...
drinking.gif

Maybe you guys should come up for a day or two - just to get away. There might be some nice days left unless we damn used 'em up already - GEEZzz the weather has been unf..knbeeleevabull. Jenny is off to Aberdeen so the house is MT agin... That's good and bad - oh well getting old :mad: I guess.

Gotta ? on my 36mm Firechicken swaybar... Can I use the stock bracket/hardware from the old 'T' with the Raybestos bushing part #5501151 ( cRockauto description - {Professional Grade; Sway Bar Repair Kit} Front Suspension; To Frame; 36mm Sway Bar Diameter; Knob On Bottom)???? I have what I was told is the Fbody brackets and links but they don't look right.

Gotta go - Out for fish I guess. Woman in the house. Check back later.
Bob

Bob, you will use your Regal swaybar brackets and Fbody 36mm bushings. Dont forget to lube up the bushings very well and dont tighten them all the way. The bar needs to be able to rotate. Stock GN endlinks will work too. I'll ask Ashley about a weekend trip. She'd probably be up for it as long as you dont mind that we bring the little guy!

OK things are moving slow but I'm old.... Maybe I'll have some more pics soon!

Bob, you will use your Regal swaybar brackets and Fbody 36mm bushings. Dont forget to lube up the bushings very well and dont tighten them all the way. The bar needs to be able to rotate. Stock GN endlinks will work too. I'll ask Ashley about a weekend trip. She'd probably be up for it as long as you dont mind that we bring the little guy!

The little guy is welcome too. James sure got along good w/him but he always gets on with the kids - he was like that with the younger karate students & @ school or wherever. I would just as soon he wouldn't bring any off spring around in the near future tho'. I like kids too as long as they eventually go home :redface:.

Jeremy - So I'll take the brackets off the stock sway bar on the White carcass tomorrow (clean off the brown chit) and order some Fbody bushings - sounds good - Thanks I needed that.

X2!! Lookin good Bob!!;)

Thanks Keith - nice meeting you two guys - maybe see you next year? Maybe back in the QC for MIDWEST MEET V6!!!!!! Got a ring to it, huh?!

Bob, does that Hotchkis rear swaybar you plan on using have clearence for the rear brake lines under the C-clamps?

I don't think so.

Bob, does that Hotchkis rear swaybar you plan on using have clearence for the rear brake lines under the C-clamps?

Here is the (enlarged?) photo from their website.

I just figured the line would run above the axle housing or could be installed (bent a little) to go over the C clamp? If I remember there is a distribution block mounted on the top side.

I took some pics today of the extra leftover primer & paint Dan used just to cover the blasted rear end and also to paint the drums and control arms. I have to find the camera - then I will post some pics.

Progress pics.

I took some pics today of the extra leftover primer & paint Dan used just to cover the blasted rear end and also to paint the drums and control arms. I have to find the camera - then I will post some pics.

Found the camera!
Don't know where the US Army OLIVEdrab primer on the rear came from but its there to prevent rust. Just doing its job I guess.

As far as the suspension/brake parts - Probably won't keep the silver -it and the clear were free & available (from a Venture miniVan maybe?). It would be a little unusual on a GN/T so I think we will go for a dark gray metallic instead.

The frame is epoxy primed & sitting outside the shop. After the lines go back on - there will be some plates welded to the inside - in 3 spots on each rail.

While cleaning the the fuel lines, I discovered a couple straightened kinks so I may have to replace some pieces (or gamble that the weakened kinky ones will be fine :() Olfart note: As I recall kinky is good sometimes - just maybe not when laying this kind of pipe. :biggrin:

After the deluge I guess all I need is a bar of soap and a towel. :rolleyes: More rain yesterday and a November wind today. Glad I didn't go this year, as the Fall Jefferson Swap Meet was back to its old bad weather ways again.
Bob

Attachments

• P1010018.JPG
    P1010018.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 848
  • P1010017.JPG
    P1010017.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 850
  • P1010019.JPG
    P1010019.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 849
If you weld a tub under that frame you could use it as a boat. LOL Looks like you're about to need an Ark to keep things in.

The frame is inside .... just in time

As last Tue night we had 18" of winter dumped on us. Anyway Dan has the frame painted and lines are in place wher needed. We decided to weld in a couple gussets or plates to stiffen the frame. Frame was in primer. DAn did the paint then laid in the lines and then welded on the two plate on each side of the frame. He then finished the paint and the the masking was removed from the lines. I settled on gloss black as you can see. Things look good thanks to Dan and Roger at the shop. Next comes rear end and suspension parts. I'll try to keep up with the pics as things progress. The anticipation is getting to me, but I'll try to use the right head so I/we don't run into unneeded 'do overs'
banghead.gif
along the road.

Oh yea the tranny mount location had to be welded in also as this frome didn't have one.

Attachments

• P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 806
  • P1010004a.jpg
    P1010004a.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 784
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 791
  • P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 785
A couple more pics...

If you weld a tub under that frame you could use it as a boat. LOL Looks like you're about to need an Ark to keep things in.

We traded the ARK for sleds Charlie!:rolleyes:

Its like the old folks always said - Its WI... 'if you don't like the weather today - jus wait til tomorrow.'

Attachments

• P1010008a.jpg
    P1010008a.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 766
  • P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 776
  • P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 778
Nice job, looks like you are making good progress. Boy I wish i had as much room as you to do that. J/K, just jealous:p

Hearing that makes this seem like work.. Ouch

Cool stuff there!! Good job Bob!!!!!

I enjoy what I can do, but its more like being a general contractor/gopher/custodian but what the hell. I bought this knowing I'd need lots of help. Dan at the shop and Roger have done most of the skill stuff not me.

Anyway I have some more pics. I've been cleaning and trying to restore small parts and trim etc.
  1. First I have a couple pics as the tub is on a flatbed wagon and back in DAn's shop for bodywork and prep before it goes on the frame.
  2. Second the frame is at Rogers and suspension, lines and brakes are on. This is fun for me to see.
  3. Last pic is the Brake Prop valve - Dan "EAstwooded" it - PPPpurdy:D! Hope its still good - oh yea Rogers wife say old Bill (if I remember right) always comes around to get in the pictures.:)
HOpe you all aren't too bored with the pics. I will start with five - there are more. Here goes.

Attachments

• tub1.jpg
    tub1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 727
  • tub4.jpg
    tub4.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 723
  • FrameFront.jpg
    FrameFront.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 726
  • Frame_frtRT.jpg
    Frame_frtRT.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 724
  • FramePROPvalve1.jpg
    FramePROPvalve1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 731
More pics....

And the rear.

SSBC calipers
EBC rotors
SS brake & fuel ines
Hotchkis sh suspension & springs
Front sway is 36mm hollow bar
Bilsteins
On a nice rust free re-enforced frame.

I had to overlook the dust - we'll ge that later.

Attachments

• FRameREARleft.jpg
    FRameREARleft.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 717
  • FRameREAR.jpg
    FRameREAR.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 706
  • FrameREARrt.jpg
    FrameREARrt.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 709
  • FrameXmember.jpg
    FrameXmember.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 712
  • FrrameRolling.jpg
    FrrameRolling.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 700
A few more pics...

Block sanding on the rear quarters is near done. Not many problems in the sheet metal according to Dan. Some straightening but overall very good results!

We are going with bed liner (cut down vibration & protection) for the floors, rear wheel wells and trunk interior. The body final color will go on the firewall, trunk deck interior, underbody (for show)and possibly door jams. Next will be body bushings and tub onto the frame! YIPPEE!! SKIPPEE!!! - that will be VERY encouraging!

Attachments

• bodyDRrear1.jpg
    bodyDRrear1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 629
  • BodyDRrear2.jpg
    BodyDRrear2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 625
  • bodyPASSrear1.jpg
    bodyPASSrear1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 622
  • BodyPASSrear2.jpg
    BodyPASSrear2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 613
  • BodyPASSrear4.jpg
    BodyPASSrear4.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 617
A little high water but nothing like 2008...

Looking good Bob. How are you guys fairing on the weather right now? Any flooding up there?

This is a picture of right field fence at Home Talent Fireman's Park in Waterloo 2008 - The park is a beautiful bowl with pavillion located along the Maunesha River in Waterloo WI. Incidentaly the park pretty much OK now and has a beautiful carousel with original wooden horses - Dan at the shop has been contributing to its restoration.

Thanks to a long lasting snow cover and more normal precip this year there are only mildly swollen riverbanks in our area. WI does have some high water but all the news is about holding off a second consecutive year of crisis flooding out West in Moorhead, MN and Grand Forks, ND.

How are things in the Great State?