Well took a loss yesterday....first one on new setup

gtfrede

Designated LSX Hater

Well my mismatched performance parts got the best of me (stock converter/6262).
It was against my co-workers c6 grandsport with bolt ons and a "programmer".
He was on street tires so I agreed to a dig race and my tr lagged for a little too long.
He ended up getting me on the big end by half a car to a car length....this was in 91 degree weather 80% humidity and my coolant temps were almost 190. Not ideal conditions to say the least.

But still a loss is a loss.

Last edited:
I've got a 3400 converter with my 6262 and it wakes that thing up nicely. No shame in losing to a C6 GS....my dad has one and between the 325 tire out back, 500 lb weight difference, and traction control they take off like a rocket!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ya a stock converter isn't gonna get it done!! You have a nice turbo and just need to contact Dusty at PTC and give him your combo and let him do his magic....

Tom turbo I had a 6262 and I'm now running a 6265 but only stall around 2900 at 0lbs....I thought ideally a true 3200 stall would be perfect for that turbo and 3400 would be a little too loose...I bet it's a tire fryer at 3400

Ya a stock converter isn't gonna get it done!! You have a nice turbo and just need to contact Dusty at PTC and give him your combo and let him do his magic....

Tom turbo I had a 6262 and I'm now running a 6265 but only stall around 2900 at 0lbs....I thought ideally a true 3200 stall would be perfect for that turbo and 3400 would be a little too loose...I bet it's a tire fryer at 3400

I have contacted him already and now Im just waiting on funds to see what I am going to end up doing.

Yeah you can pretty much rule first gear out.....

You might of lost the one fight, but to still only lose by a half to a whole car length with mismatched parts against the vette means the guy with that vette will be in a world of hurt once you swap in a more suited converter.

I don't know? I'd be sick if I was the guy in the vette and barely escaped an 87 Regal with a V6 Turbo.

I thought you did real good considering.

Yeah not too bad for 18 psi....had it on pump gas at work before the run....its 3 pounds higher with 4 more degrees of timing now back on the 110 :)
Need alky so I can stay on kill

The guy in the vette even heated up his tires alittle bit before yall ran, that guy in the vette shouldnt be that happy and smiling to squeek by like that. Yeah he beat you, but the rematch would be alot diff outcome with you having the combo fixed by having a better suited converter in there. Noticed yall were using a mexico road that was closed off to regular traffic ;) and there was a road side clean up crew ready if anything happened.

I see exactly what your car was lacking during this race.. its called forced induction.. Now in the morning your the laughin stock of the office for the LSX hater sticker im sure you have all over your desk. Don't race unless your going to maximize your combo. If my car isnt ready i dont race. I'm extremely competitive dont take loosing very well.. you should have waxed that vette

I see exactly what your car was lacking during this race.. its called forced induction.. Now in the morning your the laughin stock of the office for the LSX hater sticker im sure you have all over your desk. Don't race unless your going to maximize your combo. If my car isnt ready i dont race. I'm extremely competitive dont take loosing very well.. you should have waxed that vette

Haha thanks man!

In reality I only raced cause of all the noise at work that it wouldnt even be a close race....a v6 this a v6 that...its a CORVETTE...blah blah....I knew he would probably get me but ran it anyway....and guess what everybody at my job was dumbfounded that he almost got beat by the v6...but close only counts in horshoes and hand grenades for some people...which I understand...

Sorry to disappoint you.

Car is a whole different animal on good gas is all I can assure you.

I guess being right up the ass of a factory 430hp ls3 flagship sports car with bolt ons/tune etc that cost at least double what I have with a car that I assembled (minus internals) on low boost doesnt do anything for you....

Have a good one :)

:finger:I think you need to get some race gas in it seal your wastegate puck shut crank up the boost And tell him while wearing the most (anti testoserone shirt available).. that this morning while driving the car to work it felt peppy..use that word peppy make sure the shirt you wear is super gay and match it with some tigh tight pants so he feels manlier... tell him: hey maybe we should go at it one more time for ol time sake. If he agrees ... PLEASE dont fall back asleep on the line .. if the converter isnt working for you spool up while he's warming his tires lol..

LOL it would be funny the guy with the ruffly shirt and super tight pants beat you LOL!! You'll be the king of the coffee room..

:finger:I think you need to get some race gas in it seal your wastegate puck shut crank up the boost And tell him while wearing the most (anti testoserone shirt available).. that this morning while driving the car to work it felt peppy..use that word peppy make sure the shirt you wear is super gay and match it with some tigh tight pants so he feels manlier... tell him: hey maybe we should go at it one more time for ol time sake. If he agrees ... PLEASE dont fall back asleep on the line .. if the converter isnt working for you spool up while he's warming his tires lol..

LOL it would be funny the guy with the ruffly shirt and super tight pants beat you LOL!! You'll be the king of the coffee room..

Funny chit lol but Im not fru fru enough to pull that off

We win some, we loose some. You lost, and did it with class. Get some alky, a new chip, and you've got him covered like a wet blanket. The win will taste all the better when you've had to work for it. Post up the payback race when it happens. This is the kind of rivalry races that people talk about and remember.

Mike B.