Weird fuel pump issue

crashedout1

So took the car for a ride ran great. Parked it, next day went to start it crank no start, no fuel pressure. Probed pump hot wire got voltage during prime and cranking. Dropped the tank got voltage to the pump connection. Pulled pump applied 12 volts pump works wtf. Repeated this couple of times same result. Pump has under 500 miles on it.

What about the relay on the passenger side fender,when was it last replaced.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

So you have power everywhere you should just no fuel at the rail? Is there gas at the filter on the frame rail? Does it hum for a couple seconds when you turn key on? Check the sender connections since you have the tank down. If everything working where is the fuel going? Tricky these in tank pumps. I went A1000 external and havent looked back,plus easy maintenanced.

Check the grounds. I had something similar occur once and thought the pump died. I ran a new ground wire from the pump side of the connector by the tank strait to the battery and sanded the contact spot on the frame of the existing ground. I also added a second ground at the passenger side fender relay. Someone else may have a better idea but it worked.

Dropped the tank got voltage to the pump connection. Pulled pump applied 12 volts pump works wtf. Repeated this couple of times same result.

Sounds like your testing methodology was off. Where was the ground lead on your voltmeter when you saw power at the pump?

Was it on the hangar, or somewhere else?