Weber 206/206 Ductile Roller Cam

Lil Truck

I spend to much time here....
I am looking for experienced input that anyone may have with the Weber 206/206 ductile roller cam?

Build Specs:
109 block 0.020 over
Stock crank 0.010 under rod/main
Scat H beam rods
Wiseco Tru Forged piston 9.0-9.3 to 1
Champion Irons CNC ported
SLIC
Alky
9.5 PTC 2800
Full weight stock gears
Street/Strip use, heavy on street.

Have not decided on the turbo size most likely something in the 6262 range.

Any one have a similar build they can share Track, dyno and street performance?

Thanks!

I am running that cam with a 6262 turbo and PTC converter (see signature) anyway its brutal on the low end. My goal is high 10's and so far have run a 11.05 with bad 60 ft time due to traction problems. Have some HR adjustable uppers ordered now.

Outstanding!! Thanks for the replies, this is the performance level I am expecting to achieve with the combo!

Curious if anyone has had any problem with cam sync drive gear wear? Running stock or composite gear? Cam thrust set around .008 ?

I am running that cam with a 6262 turbo and PTC converter (see signature) anyway its brutal on the low end. My goal is high 10's and so far have run a 11.05 with bad 60 ft time due to traction problems. Have some HR adjustable uppers ordered now.

What is your top end RPM? Do you find it has a narrow power band?

Top end RPM was 5350 at 123 mph I am using the cam kit from Weber PAC 1200 springs w/shims and Morel lifters (no didn't measure spring height my bad) and 275/60/15 tires.

Top end RPM was 5350 at 123 mph I am using the cam kit from Weber PAC 1200 springs w/shims and Morel lifters (no didn't measure spring height my bad) and 275/60/15 tires.

What compression ratio do you have ?

Thanks, I have been a little concerned with pre-ignition on the low end street driving. Have you had to pull any timing from the 6.1 TT stock settings? I run 91&alky on the street.

You must have an old cam from them ( "WEBBER"). ?????

No I just read about the problems some have had and want to make sure I do not have them!

I am just getting ready to purchase the cam kit.

Thanks!

No I just read about the problems some have had and want to make sure I do not have them!

I am just getting ready to purchase the cam kit.

Thanks!

We had that prob way back... They did have a fix BUT I was charged for it.. PURE BS to me . I wouldn't buy anything from them now.

Thanks for the information.

My short block is not built by Weber, I was just considering their 206/206 Ductile roller cam kit with morel lifters and roller timing chain?

Full Throttle has a 206/210 kit that is more expensive.

Any other recommendations ?

Thanks for the information.

My short block is not built by Weber, I was just considering their 206/206 Ductile roller cam kit with morel lifters and roller timing chain?

Full Throttle has a 206/210 kit that is more expensive.

Any other recommendations ?
I've got plenty of ideas and i know they will make more power and have a wider power band without increasing overlap but they aren't cheap.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

guy here has a weber stroker 109 .... wasn't impressed
It is not the name of the builder, but the combination and tuner. There are plenty on here with the new favorites that don't run what they should. FWIW, my short block was done at Weber's, and the cam is the 224 billet roller they sell, designed by Red Armstrong. My old 109 was a 3.55 stroke Weber engine with the same cam, and it ran very well, high 9's on 23psi, 18deg timing and a fat AFR. It is still going in another car.

It is not the name of the builder, but the combination and tuner. There are plenty on here with the new favorites that don't run what they should. FWIW, my short block was done at Weber's, and the cam is the 224 billet roller they sell, designed by Red Armstrong. My old 109 was a 3.55 stroke Weber engine with the same cam, and it ran very well, high 9's on 23psi, 18deg timing and a fat AFR. It is still going in another car.
Nice times!
My Weber 3.55 stroke with the 214/214 cam is extremely high lift, but pulls nice at 18/18 too.. Check sig.
Overall, I'm very happy with this motor combo. Thought I had valve float, but my ignition was cutting out. Boost is going north of 20 next time out.

I've got plenty of ideas and i know they will make more power and have a wider power band without increasing overlap but they aren't cheap.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nothing appears to be cheap when it comes to roller cams!

Brian,
I do not doubt your expertise in any way and your input has my attention.

I need to explain my goals as they differ from most TR owners.

1. My car is running great just at the NHRA no roll bar limit an that as far as I need to go.
2. I am trying to preserve the car and all it's current 40k mile parts, that is the reason for the new short block and trans.
3. I am looking to have great bottom end response with minimal lag so I can launch consistent at 0 boost so I do not twist the frame and body as much as a hard launch.
4. The stock valve covers and stock exhaust elbow with the 2.5 ATR DP to 2.5 dual pypes exhaust are my preferences
5. I would like to make this new combo work with the turbo you provided.
6. I do not want to make modification to the exterior of the new combo that deteriorates its stock appearance
7. I have dropped 0.250 in the 1/8 mile by going to a 0 boost foot brake launch, 1.75 60' vs 1.55 with boost and just looking to get it back with the new combo.

Someday when I am done racing I will put all the original parts back on the car and restore it.

I am sure you have great ideas, if they fit in with what I am trying to achieve with a reasonable cost I am interested!

Thanks for your time!