WE4ster a Viet Nam SEAL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac in SD

Sure doesn't look like it. I asked him to PM me with his name. He did. I went to VeriSEAL, and this is their response. (Curiously, his last PM to me waffled a bit, now claiming SEAL/EOD.)

"11 May 2004

Your requested BUD/S records search returned the following:

(Last name deleted for this TB.com post), MIKE / ALVAR: **NO RECORD FOUND**

Thank you for verifying. We appreciate your diligence. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance in this matter.

NO RECORD FOUND
No record of the Subject's graduation from Basic Underwater Demolition / SEAL (BUD/S) was found. Completion of BUD/S is the first requirement for all prospective SEAL personnel. If no record was found, the Subject was not a U.S. Navy SEAL.

NO CRITERIA MATCH
A record was found which matches or closely matches the Subject's name only, but does not match additional criteria, e.g. full name, BUD/S class number, date of BUD/S graduation, or date(s) of Navy service, etc. There is a high probability that the Subject was not a U.S. Navy SEAL.

VeriSEAL Group
An Independent Unit of the CTP Group
http://VeriSEAL.org"

I've got the email from VeriSEAL, if anyone needs backup.

I had questioned him being a Navy Seal as well. I think he acts like a child if you ask me. Someone who goes and says they were a Seal when they were not is a disgrace to the REAL Seals IMO.

Re: and you did this because???

Originally posted by SIXBANGR
why do you care?

Well...because he has stated that, based on his "2 tours in Viet Nam as a SEAL," that his opinions on the Iraq war and the Bush administration are more valid than others. The bogus SEAL claim game is widespread enough that there is a serious effort on the part of the NSW community to expose frauds. I've personally had plenty of nitwits tell me about their combat Marine Corps experiences as a "Green Beret" in the SOG, etc., and it pisses me off. Claiming combat SEAL status when it's not true is BS, and needs to be exposed.

If YOU don't care, then disregard. But you should care. I know the real SEALS sure as sh!t do.

I agree, I had a friend who use to tell chicks he was a seal to try to pick them up. It used to piss me off out of respect for anyone who made it as a seal, the training is brutal at best.

A total FRAUD

Originally posted by SIXBANGR
why do you care?
Well, he questions everyone else's "service" to their country and berates/delegitimizes their input/opinion if they haven't "served" as he claims to have. Apparently (it seems) he's a total fraud and LIAR. What an absolute disgrace.

I'm only acting on the best intelligence provided by someone who's looked into it. Sound familiar?

Ohhh WEEESTER, what do you have to say about this? Clerical error perhaps? How about making your military service records public just as you demand our presidential candidates do? Scan'em, send them to me and I'll post'em on my server...free of charge.

No military man would be such a left wing nut unless they are half a queer like Wesley Clark.

Wesley Clark.............now there's a piece of work. It puzzles me how he got so far up the food chain in the military. I really wasn't impressed at all with his flip-flopping ways. An obviously insincere man. Seems like a perfect vice presidential nominee for Hanoi John. Two weasels on the same ticket. If those two idiots got elected, that would prove, without a doubt, that the American people are a lot more stupid than you could think was possible. :(

Sorry I got off topic above. Anti-war ex-soldiers seem odd to me. But they do exist. John Kerry comes to mind. I'm sure we'll hear from Mr. We4ster about this. Now, his active duty service which he brought up, is for him to prove.

why do you care?

Claming something your not is a big deal, especially a Navy Seal.

Also considering that he used that to base all his arguments off of, " I served as a Navy Seal... " etc etc.

Weeester...oh Weeeeester, where are in this thread? Well, when it comes to him being forthwith regarding his service record all I hear are crickets.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
Anti-war ex-soldiers seem odd to me.
My dad was anti war. He had seen enough to understand that war is the devils work. Consider all the talk about on this board lately, kill that one, do to them what they did to us, etc, etc. Absolutely the apitomy of the devil's hand on people. I am by no means a bible thumper or Christan religious right but it some people are so far away from God it's scary. As wrong as the militant Muslums are so are the militant "patriots".
My dad told me of how regular soldiers would just flip out and get so full of hate or blood lust that they would kill anyone that was not in an American uniform, purposely destroy the only food fleeing citizens had in the middle of winter, burn their house, kill their livestock even turning on their own men. It's easy to talk the rhetoric and laugh and joke about killing or maiming. Makes you look tough I guess but in the long run your just playing into the Devil's world of violence begetting violence.
I have never had to fight an enemy at war and thank God I didn't have too. God bless the soldiers that do have to fight for their lives. He's the only thing that can keep all of us from going over the edge.

Look, nobody is for war. There just comes a point in time, if you have any backbone, when you have to defend yourself. The time has come, after 25 years of these people killing Americans, we have decided to act......end of story.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
....Two weasels on the same ticket. If those two idiots got elected, that would prove, without a doubt, that the American people are a lot more stupid than you could think was possible. :(

You've successfully described my feelings before the 92 & 96 elections....:( That is why I'm concerned again this year.

As for military service....I really don't listen to a person because of their military service, or lack of it. I try to weigh the thought process behind the words, or lack of it. I look for a grasp of the facts.

When a person's posts consistantaly demonstrate ignorance of the "big picture," consist of asserted conclusions, vague generalities, and general parroting of talking points prepared by someone else, I put them on my ignore list. They have nothing that adds to the debate, except to stir the pot and start a fight. That seems to be their purpose, not to discuss issues. (You know who you are ;) ).

I belong to other message boards where a discussion can take place. The name calling, personal attacks, faulty premises and illogical thinking is checked at the Login....A much better environment for discussion than some of the tripe here.

I'm trying to read and post less frequently in the Lounge because my interest on this board is in cars, and parts, and gritty, weighty stuff like that :)

After a long military career, I'm naturally interested in the title of this post. I encourage you all to judge posts here in he Lounge by their content. I further encourage you all to use the IGNORE LIST MORE OFTEN. If we'd ignore these name-calling, ignorant sycophants, they would post somewhere else of their own volition. Then, we could talk about cars again :)

Very true there is a time for war. It's very serious business and should be carefully planned. I'm not convinced what the US is doing is carefully planned. Some things have to be done as you go, that's a given but the rush to do certain things has ended up costing us lives and ridiculous amounts of money.

The Left wants people to believe there is some way to achieve victory in the war against the terrorists, without losing any people, and not to have much cost. It is a political year, after all. Every setback, military or political, is portrayed as some lack in planning. I contend that it is simply the nature of War. There are always setbacks. The War, that we didn't ask for,and certainly didn't want, has been thrust on us and we have no choice but to win it. How much money it costs is irrelevant.

Real SEALs usually don't want to tell anyone they were a SEAL. I was a SEAL for 28 years and served 15 tours in WW2 and 11 in Desert Storm, and you don't hear ME bragging about it, do you? ;)

Anyone seen the picture with Kerry and Hanoi Jane? I can post it if you haven't.

Not bad since seals were formed in 1962 and your only 30 years old :) :)

JFH

I've been avoiding postscentered around "WE4ster" because I figured why contribute to his lame agenda but I draw the line at this hypocracy. I served in the military although I've not seen combat but have the utmost respect for any who have. But I feel the utmost contempt for anyone who claims to be something they're not. It speaks volumes about their lack of self esteem and either cowardice or inability to complete a higher echilon of military training such as the SEAL's, Rangers, Delta, etc. At the same time no self respecting (notice the personality traits) military man will publically ream his Commander-in-Chief. Even if you're out of the military I beleive a certain Honor follows those who have served their Country. A great tragedy hit this country in '01 and I beleive Bush has handled it and the aftermath that is Afganistan and Iraq as best as any man could. I do not like all of his policies but he is our President and has made his agenda a safe U.S.A. War hurts all but you cannot repeatedly turn the proverbial shoulder to conflict and expect respect fromour enemies. A true soldier knows this and steps it up, even if not serving then by supporting. Back to Buicks now for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.