Water treatment...

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Hi All,

I built an indoor glass waterfall and need some suggestions on treating the water to prevent algae & sludge. I'm thinking add some Clorox, but I'm not sure how it would affect paint/trim/flooring as far as corrosion. The basin holds about 10 gals, been full for about 3 weeks and today when I changed it out, it was sludgy and gray. It's a pain to change out, I'm hoping for a longer-term solution.

The first water batch, I added about 4 oz of Jet-Dry hoping it would act like a "water wetter" but didn't see it. Also looking for a sheeting agent, think a regular radiator-type water wetter would work?

Bacteriacide as used for a humidifier should work, Amazon has it.
Best Air is one brand.

I've got to deal with a minor amount of splash-out and don't want to ruin my new flooring by unintentionally bleaching it. I've got a salt pool out back and haven't dealt with chlorine products in over 10 years. All I remember about chlorine is that it corroded everything within 10 yards of it's storage location...

Bacteriacide as used for a humidifier should work, Amazon has it.
Best Air is one brand.

I'll look into that! I heard back from the people at Baquacil, their stuff won't work for my situation.

My stupid opinion, it takes very little bleach to treat 10 gallons of water. I would think 3 to 6 ounces would be sufficient. Hope this is helpful.

The people that made the flooring (CoreTec) got back to me with a nice chart. Seems they tested all kinds of "kitchen" type stuff, but no "laundry" type stuff. Not willing to take a chance trashing a $7000 floor at this time, maybe after the newness wears off...

In medical equipment that recirculates the same water over and over we use a mix of distilled water and hydrogen peroxide. It gets changed every 6 months. Idk how that would work for you

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.