Wastegates v-band or flanged

WildGS

Been trying to decide on a wastegate and would like some people experiences with the types of mounting.

Basically there are 2 types correct? The flanged 2 bolt style that uses a gasket and the v-band style.

I really don't think I need anything bigger than a 38mm gate but all of them seem to be the flange/gasket style. I have seen the Tial MS-V 38mm gate a few places it uses a v-band style mount. But most of the v-band style wastegates seem to be 44mm and larger.

Does anyone prefer one style over the other? Are there benefits to one style over the other? I really like the idea of not using gaskets as things may be on and off the car alot.

Just figured I would ask those who may have experience with both styles of gate.

Thanks!

Most of the larger 40mm and up race-oriented stuff uses the v-band style. I have use both styles and both are good. The gaskets used on the flange style gates are pretty robust and can be reused several times without a problem.

Most all of the 38mm gates are flanged but I think you can order a Tial or a Turbosmart 38mm with the v-band style if you prefer. I'm not sure about this however.