wastegate actuator partnumber???

at7we2

can anyone tell me what part the part numbers are for standard and "high boost" wastegate actuators?

I've got one actuator marked:

1011-673

And one marked:

1011-673

What have I got?? :confused:

Thanks

The one marked 1011-673 07074 38502 is the stock WG actuator which I have on the bench. The other I think is the 18# spring one, its on my car and I can't see the numbers on it.

Whoooops!....

wait, I was wrong....

that's the opposite of what I thought. here's my situation...

I purchased a new GT3255 turbo and after installing it, I haven't been able to adjust the boost below about 20-22 lbs at WOT.

After tinkering with it for a few days and checking all the hoses, etc., I decided I must have received a HD or "high boost" actuator with the new turbo so I contacted the vendor and asked them to send me a standard actuator.

They sent me the 1011-673 06164 38289 actuator. The turbo originally came with the 1011-673 07074 38502 actuator which is what I was unable to adjust below 20 psi.

Now, I would just install the one they sent and test it, but unfortunately, it wasn't modified to fit the GT turbo (it should have been, but it wasn't). So either way, the one they sent won't work, but I need to know which is which.

If the 07074 38502 is the "standard" actuator, then I must have a problem somewhere else and I don't need to bother the vender anymore. :confused: :confused:

Rob, I have a brand new "Standard" one and a "HD" one that PT&E sent me. The number I mentioned above was the one I had one my car and would hold down to 13# steadily. Know that I have the alky system dialed in, I have the other one they sent me which is the "HD", but to make sure which was which after they sent them to me (and to compare with the stock 18 year ole one) here's what I did...
Got some lifting weights and tied them together and tied them to the actuator arm (with it off the car of course) and lifted the weights which totaled 15# and the actuator arm would just slightly move out when beginning to lift the weights with the "standard" one.
Then did the same thing with the HD one, it took almost 20# before it would move the arm any while lifting.

Try that test with them and it will at least prove to you which one has the stronger spring in it.

A bad WG solenoid will cause uncontrollable boost also cause it won't bleed off the pressure fast enough from the end of the "Y" fitting.
Also if the WG hole isn't ported out enough it can cause the same problem

UPDATE....

I called Precision this morning and spoke to Patrick. He informed me of the following:

actuator # 1011-673 = stock boost levels

actuator # 1011-144 = heavy duty or "high boost"

the numbers after that are just a serial number.

Thanks Patrick for straightening me out on this! :cool:

Re: UPDATE....

Originally posted by at7we2
I called Precision this morning and spoke to Patrick. He informed me of the following:

actuator # 1011-673 = stock boost levels

actuator # 1011-144 = heavy duty or "high boost"

the numbers after that are just a serial number.

Thanks Patrick for straightening me out on this! :cool:
So both of yours are for the "stock" boost level if I'm reading that right?