Warped headers???

cabech984

This may be a dumb question but Ill ask anyway! Is it acceptable to cut the exhaust port flange so each primary seals against each port on the head? Something like a saw width relief in between each port?

I have a warped header and dont have the money for some Aftermarket headers. Wanna maybe do it quick and cheap lol. Thanks for looking!

Why not have them sanded flat & even warped as yours are you may lose some meat in some areas but they will seal.

Milling them is what I was thinking about doing but just wanted to see if any "cheap" GN Enthusiasts have done it. How much did your maching shop charge to mill both headers flat? Im using SCE Copper gaskets this time around too!

Another option is to get a sheet of glass and some sand paper or a belt to see how warped they are. If they're real bad then you can draw file to get the majority of the warp out and then sand them.

How warped are your flanges?

Remflex gaskets will hide many evils, and wont burn through like Felpros. I've had good luck with them.

If the flange is not flat, the Remflex gasket WILL blow out.:mad:

Cutting the flanges has been a good solution on factory and after market headers before the GN's were around.:)

Solved many header leak problems for me.