Warning for Hot Air Ported Throttle Body Owners

Just following up on this. The turbo has been rebuilt, a new compressor wheel installed and is on it's way back to Eric now. I just wanted to mention that though this issue was probably caused by negligence on my part, the throttle body was sent out 6 years ago. It's a bad deal that this turbo was damaged but due diligence would have discovered this problem before it got to this point. I think Eric understands that and I'm sure he won't take it personally that I'm bringing it up here.
It's just a heads up saying people need to do their own checks on the parts they install on their cars.
Thanks, Steve

stevemon said:
Just following up on this. The turbo has been rebuilt, a new compressor wheel installed and is on it's way back to Eric now. I just wanted to mention that though this issue was probably caused by negligence on my part, the throttle body was sent out 6 years ago. It's a bad deal that this turbo was damaged but due diligence would have discovered this problem before it got to this point. I think Eric understands that and I'm sure he won't take it personally that I'm bringing it up here.
It's just a heads up saying people need to do their own checks on the parts they install on their cars.
Thanks, Steve

I will be using your services in the future. Hopefully soon! If it weren't for this thread I wouldn't know someone actually did the work on these throttle bodies.

Thanks, Steve

You're awesome Steve! You went way beyond what a typical vendor would have done and just think you're the best.

Can't wait to get the turbo back on the car. It was also great information to know it's not a TA-63, but had a 61mm compressor wheel instead. Still a really good turbo for my car.

Thanks a million!
Eric

Looks great Steve, thanks again!

I'm back in business
IMG_0397.JPG

dr_frankenstein said:
I got 2 of those covers.

if your interested, talk to Bison - he knows ive got them and he can re-stuff the guts and get you set up.

Funny thing is Bison was supposed to pm me about pricing & I've yet to get any message. I'm sure ill get something now.

Funny thing is Bison was supposed to pm me about pricing & I've yet to get any message. I'm sure ill get something now.

be patient, he is a super super busy guy as ive done some buisness with him before. but im sure he will get to you no problem. Id back it up 100%.

dr_frankenstein said:
be patient, he is a super super busy guy as ive done some buisness with him before. but im sure he will get to you no problem. Id back it up 100%.

Yeah! I got time!

It's not factory, just a stock intake adapter cut and welded onto a TA housing. Very common practice when running upgraded turbos.