Wanted: ATR Dual Exhaust instructions

trick86

Solid Member
Wanted: ATR dual exhaust instructions, just wondering if they will offer any special tips to make the kit fit any better than what I've ended up with.
Thanks
Byron

Byron,

Is this GNX related?

If not please let me know so I can move it to the correct section of the board.

Thanks Mod, yes this is an ATR exhaust system being installed on an X.

Thanks Mod, yes this is an ATR exhaust system being installed on an X.

Hey Byron,

You may want to contact Richard Clark, as he now mfg's a 2 1/2" dual SS system that looks like an ATR clone for the GNX.

He may be able to send you the directions that he offers with his kit, or better yet.....give you some advice.

Good Luck!

dave

Byron,

Keep in mind that the GNX's use a different exhaust system than normal Grand Nationals to accommodate the rear suspension. Is it ATR exhaust GNX specific?

From the 2001 ATR book

GNX STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM

For the GNX ONLY This system was specifically designed by Applied Technologies to clear the GNX torque arm.

Attachments

• DSC_1892.JPG
    DSC_1892.JPG
    731.5 KB · Views: 141
how did you install it...from what I remember you need to install from the front back...the tabs on the rear quarter connections had to be tweeked...other than that it was pretty easy install with nothing hitting

Hey, Thanks Sean. For now the system is just hanging under the car untill I can get the DP in to see if it pushes the y-pipe either forward or rearward. Unfortunetly the tabs off of the tailpipes broke off so they're out as the easy referance, they were pretty scaby so it looks like I'll have to bend up some new ones out of 304' SS. see ya the class of 87' in Hebron
Byron
how did you install it...from what I remember you need to install from the front back...the tabs on the rear quarter connections had to be tweeked...other than that it was pretty easy install with nothing hitting

need to get the down-pipe in,,,,then the test pipe or cat...and then install the exhaust...from the cat back...last thing you do is hook up the rear tabs

not made for gnx but will fit if you tweak [bend] left rear pipe to clear cross bar. not easy to do but i did mine without a bender

Notice the long horizontal run to get back over the axle and panhard bars.

100_0634.JPG