Want to put Rear Disk brakes on,have a question.

Big Mike

Don't Piss me Off!
I have a Stange axels with the c-clip elin, and I want to put a set of rear disk brakes on. Anyone do this yet? Look in my sig to see additional info. I have a set of Ls1 front brakes I plan to install .My factory brakes are fine still but would it be wise to install the vac brake system with a adjustable valve?

It would probably be a good idea to put on an adjustable valve, but you could probably get away without it depending on the size of the brakes, and front/rear weight bias. The rear brakes would probably be more likely to lock up without the valve, but they would also hold more boost on the line without it.

I dont really worry about holding boost at the line with the foot brake. I have a trans brake. The adjuster valve would be used to adjust the front back ratio,so on a slick say (mostly a weekend driver) I wouldn't worry about spinning out.

Has anyone put rear disk brakes on a c-clip eliminator set up?

when i put 4 wheel LS1's om my car, i called up baer and asked what they used for a prop valve with thier kit. they expained how the mod for the stock valve goes, i did mine and they stop great.hth