Want to learn how a john Deere combine is built

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
:D :D :D :D

2 February 2007

John Deere Harvester Works featured on National Geographic Channel’s “Ultimate Factories” Series

The National Geographic Channel’s Ultimate Factories series puts John Deere Harvester Works in the spotlight in a segment scheduled to premiere on February 7. The John Deere factory is one of the world’s largest and most technologically-advanced combine factories.

The Ultimate Factories series spotlights major “super” factories around the world that utilize the most advanced engineering and manufacturing process that build products that have major influences on our society.

We welcome you and your customers to view the upcoming episode currently scheduled for the following dates (all Eastern Standard Time).

Wednesday, February 7 at 10 PM*
Thursday, February 8 at 1 AM*
Saturday, February 10 at 4PM*
Sunday, February 11 at 6 PM*

The one-hour segment of this popular series takes viewers behind the scenes for a look at how John Deere utilizes state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to produce the top-selling combines in North America. The segment will show how John Deere’s engineers utilize sophisticated design methods to test and verify the manufacturing quality of these highly productive harvesting machines. In-field customer testimonials discussing importance of the harvesting productivity and quality of John Deere STS combines and what that means to today’s farmer/producer are also included.

Not every customer gets a chance to visit the John Deere Harvester Works in Moline, Illinois, and here is the opportunity to step inside the facility for an unforgettable adventure. The segment is a must-see for owners or for anyone considering a purchase of a John Deere STS bullet rotor combine.

Please make your customers aware of this upcoming segment that shows the world how John Deere manufactures North America’s most vital mega-sized combine harvesters.

*Note: Check local listings for air time and date. Visit National Geographic Channel’s Web site National Geographic Channel - Ultimate Factories for more information.

I shoulda known you would say that:D Watch it and learn about a real torque monster:eek: :biggrin:

Do you work for John Deere? One of my friends got an internship offer from them and I think he turned them down and another one of my friends went out to Iowa to I think it's the testing facililties and did a tour for his freshman agricultural engineering class.

I'll watch it. Maybe I can see why they won't outperform a Case IH:biggrin:

Kidding. I'll try to catch it.

I've owned a John Deere Lawn Tractor for 15 years. It was used when I got it. It's been the best piece of machinery I've ever owned. A couple of small problems over the years, but nothing expensive and not hard to fix.

I've thought of buying another JD but can't rationalize it since this one runs so well....plus newer ones probably aren't as good.

Do you work for John Deere? One of my friends got an internship offer from them and I think he turned them down and another one of my friends went out to Iowa to I think it's the testing facililties and did a tour for his freshman agricultural engineering class.

I just own part of 5 stores, I dont work at JD corperate:biggrin:

I've owned a John Deere Lawn Tractor for 15 years. It was used when I got it. It's been the best piece of machinery I've ever owned. A couple of small problems over the years, but nothing expensive and not hard to fix.

I've thought of buying another JD but can't rationalize it since this one runs so well....plus newer ones probably aren't as good.

Get ahold of me Chris, our cheap Line to compete with Home Depot SUCKS:eek: but our true JD born tractors still kick ass, I will cut you DEAL:D :D :D :D

Actually I was looking at them at Lowes....:smile:

And I was blown away by the, what I thought, were cheap prices. Glad you explained that JD has a cheap line...I didn't know that...I thought JD had gone the way other U.S. manufacturing had, and cut corners everywhere.

Another reason I haven't bought another one is the one I have has a mowing deck PLUS a snow blower. I can't give up the snow blower. I mentioned to my wife that I was thinking of getting another JD but it probably wouldn't come with a snow blower, and I asked her if she'd mind shoveling again.

When I regained consiousness I found my desire for another tractor had left.

So I appreciate the offer, but I'll stick to old faithful a while longer.

I thought th JD Combines were built in Germany or at least part of them?

Seen them on the docks of Baltimore coming off the ships.

My Grandfather used to let me drive his back when I was a kid. We would go out to North Dakota for family vacations. He had a 1000 acre wheat farm. R.I.P.:(

I thought th JD Combines were built in Germany or at least part of them?

Seen them on the docks of Baltimore coming off the ships.

Nope. Built right here where I work at in East Moline, IL.

I'm actually in that show I believe (haven't seen it yet). They shot that episode around August of last year. My areas are the new lasers and new bend brakes. (But I'm neither of the fat guys interviewed.)

We make all the STS combines right here and EXPORT those babies to the world. Seriously, the JD combines are the best. We have the highest unload rate, most efficient rotor system, best chopper, largest cutting platforms, most efficient engines. JD is #1 (far and away THE market share leader) for a reason. Lots of people like the red machines but they simply couldn't compete. For decades, the IH / CNH machines were built just down the road in East Moline also. Last year, they moved all that work out to Nebraska to consolidate manufacturing and have had some serious quality and delivery issues.

Roger

I dont need to know about a harvester, as long as the food gets to the store. I never ask someone how their watch works, just what time it shows! :)

I love that Ultimate Factories show. I missed the JD episode but I did watch the HD VROD show last night. Last month I watched the Ferrari episode and now I want to build a foundry just so I can make conn rods and pistons. I think anybody who gets to take a rubber mallet and beat on a Ferrari with it has the coolest job on the planet.